Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'll Be Loving NKOTB Forever/Girls and Gays Night out at ScotTrade....

Oh, New Kids, I do love you so....yes, I was transported back in time last night, for one evening, I was a 13 year old girl again, screaming for my childhood crushes. LOVE IT! Mikey and I went to see NKOTB last night and they didn't disappoint. They sounded great (especially Jordan and Joe-they can actually sing quite well! Donnie....not so much). When Donnie mentioned that the first time they were in St. Louis was TWENTY years ago, I immediately felt older than dirt....yikes. No matter, Mike and I sang and danced (and yes, screamed) like it was 1988 all over again. They sang all of their "classics", of course, and some of the new stuff. I was hoping since it was fairly close to Christmas that we'd get to hear some "Funky, Funky Xmas" but to no avail. I was a little sad about that.....anywho.....I was a bit disturbed by Donnie talking about his ass, and dropping "f" bombs and the gratuitous crotch shots as it was a bit dirty-old-man'ish, but whatever. I was, however, ALL OVER the Jordan/wind machine/shirtless part of the show.....and loved it when Mike said "that Joey McIntyre sure grew up good!"........Loved when Donnie talked about having a lot more show left, Mike and I looked at the time (it was 11pm) and were like "uh what? We gotsta go to bed and go to work tomorrow" (we are SO DAMN OLD). Totally hilarious, I ran into one of my co-workers from the crisis line, Chris, at the show. When he came up to me, I said "so, did your girlfriend drag you here?". And he was like "uh no, actually I dragged her here". Oh, ok...... ;) SO, of course I took pics (I mean, DUH), so without further ado, here they are (I apologize in advance for the sheer volume of pics.....deal with it)
Mike was taking pictures of himself....
Girls and Gays Night! The obligatory party pic shot.......
That pic is for you DT...... ;)
Oooooo, pretty lights! Here are the guys performing a song called, you guessed it, "Boyfriend". ;)
more pretty lights.....oooooo.......ahhhh
this was before I figured out how to zoom in......



Break it down, little Joey Joe! (in the white)
Joey and Jordan....my two main NKOTB loves.....I wanted to marry Jordan when I was 13.....according to the Magic 8 ball that my sister, our friend Erin and I had, I was supposed to....whatever happened???????
the guys with the obligatory stairs singing....hot. ;)
this is when they got on this mini-stage out in the middle of the crowd. The sheer volume of screams was enough to wake the dead, I was fiending for some ear plugs at this point (showing my age, I know).
MONEY SHOT! Did I at all feel dirty lusting after Jordan's shirtless scene? HELL NO I didn't........
Oh little Joey Joe.....he was so darn cute back in the day....and, as Mike said, grew up a'ight too........
Donnie Wahlberg (you know, Marky Mark's brother).......
is this the Backstreet Boys?????
Oh Jordan.......


SUCH a fun night, worth every penny.....now that I officially feel OLD AS HELL........

3 comments:

kristy said...

At first, we thought Joey was wearing a white turtleneck. But then they showed him on the big screen and we realized it was an ascot???

KD said...

OMG, we thought it was a white turtleneck too...in fact I said to Mike "uh, does Joey have a turtleneck on???". I totally didn't get the ascot...good call sis! :)

Unknown said...

I love NKOTB, I'm so jealous!!! They are still hanging tuff!!!