Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Home, home on the range....

Ah, Day 3 in Salem and I'm still kickin. How is everyone's Thanksgiving week going? Mine has been, in a word, relaxing. Well, kinda. My mom and I were plenty busy today, baking/cooking since early this morning....yes, this girl spent most of her day in the kitchen. I know that's hard to believe, but it's true. I even had to use some higher math and do (GASP) FRACTIONS. Yikes. I made two pumpkin pies, helped make some banana cake thingy, helped make the chicken wings AND I managed to sneak out for a bit and have lunch with one of my old friends from grade school, Dawn Brown (now Pharr). I don't think I've seen her since we graduated high school FOURTEEN years ago....yikes. She brought her 3 year old little girl, Avery, with her who is too cute for words. It was a nice little visit. Once I got back to the house, I got roped in to helping put up the Christmas decorations. Oh, it was fun. Dad accused mom and I of not setting up the tree right, then proceeded to re-do it, I helped my dad put up the lights (and I, of course, was doing it wrong the whole time, dontcha know). Somehow Tim escaped helping....not sure how he managed that.

Yesterday the dogs and I hung out outside while dad burned leaves. Nothing says "fun" quite like watching your father set the woods on fire. Pictures coming (because you KNOW I took pictures of it, right?).

Tim and I have been playing ourselves some Rock Band AND Guitar Hero. I've been playing it safe and have been playing the role of lead singer (I can totally rock out, dude), but tonight Tim made me try the guitar. It wasn't pretty folks. In fact, my darling little brother video taped it with my camera. If y'all are good I might just post it for ya. Maybe. You have no idea how much I sucked. You see, playing that guitar requires some level of coordination.....something I don't have.

Hey DT, you should totally go to the Avalanche game tonight....they're playing my "hot" St. Louis Blues...... :)

My sister and Jon should be arriving in Salem in the next hour and a half or so. That should be fun...the dogs (and by "the dogs" I mean Stubby") don't really adapt to Miss Chloe so well...always a fun challenge when Red and Jon first arrive. A bit later tonight I am doing the one thing I NEVER do when I'm back in my hometown....and that is, I'm going to the local bar. Ew. My dear, dear friend Eric will be in town shortly and he asked me to go with him. How could I tell him no? :) I'm sure it will be fine, I'm also sure that the entire town will be there. Yippee skippy. In the meantime, I'm gonna watch the Blues game.

More tales from the country coming soon.

No comments: