Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Made up Christmas songs and other things I'd like to complain about

Ok, so now that it's mid-November, I totally don't mind the occasional Christmas song on the radio. Hell, just the other day I caught myself singing along to Wham's "Last Christmas" (a true classic). But what I don't like are the made up Christmas songs....the "originals" if you will. Give me a traditional Christmas carol, sing me some Jingle Bells or some Let It Snow, shoot, I don't even care if you play White Christmas by 1,500 different artists (and that includes Celine Dion's version), but PLEASE, no "original" Christmas songs!!! What prompted this latest rant, you may ask? Well, it happened on my way home from work when I heard Bryan Adams warbling something about "wishing it was Christmas every day" and "feeling joyous all year long". Get that crap off the radio! Who really wants it to be Christmas every day? Shut up Bryan Adams! Stick to cheesy love ballads, would ya? I'd make some rude comment about him being Canadian, but I like Canadians, so I won't (this time).

Next....yours truly nearly died on her way home from work today. Ok, so maybe "died" is a bit melodramatic (are you shocked?) but I DID very nearly get into an accident, caused by some Crazy Man who clearly should not be allowed out on the roads. There I was, minding my own business, driving down McCausland (probably listening to Bryan Adams' Christmas song.....), when this man in a puke-green Geo Prism (that was his first problem.....) comes barreling out of his driveway on the righthand side, comes over two lanes into my lane and very nearly slammed right into my passenger side. I had to slam on my brakes so hard my car skidded to a stop.....I then started slamming on the horn because Crazy Man was still a' comin. He then swerved and his Geo ended up SIDEWAYS in the other lane. I believe my exact reaction was "what the f**k????????". I then started to get angry at the thought of having to get my car fixed right before Thanksgiving just because some Crazy Man can't drive. Long story short, he didn't hit me, my car is fine, and my blood pressure is now back to normal. Thanks for being concerned.

Speaking of "dude, what the f**k" moments, so once I got home (safely), I was parking my car when I see this man in all black in the park across the street.....he was taking a running start and JUMPING on the sidewalk railings and balancing on top of them-like he was a ninja or Superman or something (or that James dude we went to college with...remember the juggling and balancing, DT????). He would then jump down, go the other direction, jump again, this time over the railings and then would roll to the ground like he was on fire. I sat and watched him do this several times because I wasn't sure if I was really seeing it or if I was hallucinating, before I quickly got my ass inside my apartment and locked the door. I don't think I'm coming out again until I leave for Salem on Monday. It's a scary (and weird) world out there people!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to pick the hot button topics of the day . . . Christmas songs written in 1985. What's the matter? Too busy to critique Cliff Huxtable's choices in sweaters???

And might I add that you are full of it? You rant on new Christmas songs a week after complaining about how the New Kids didn't play their Christmas song at the concert. Quit hatin' on Canadians

kristy said...

I've got to agree with DT on this one...I mean, I'm pretty sure Last Christmas is a Wham original. Not to mention one of my favs, "All I Want for Christmas is You" by mariah carey. I mean that is just a jolly good ol' time and Jon needs to prepare himself for the 9 hour sing-a-long in the car next week! Here's one I hate...that christmas shoes song about the dying mother meeting Jesus. I could do without that!

KD said...

WHOA! Tough crowd here! Geez people!
First of all Tessier, I was saving critiquing the Bill Cosby sweaters for a rainy day (because that's a plethora of material right there). Second, I Sooooooooo was not hatin on Canadians...in fact, I do believe I said I liked them AND I do believe earlier had posted about my love for one Ryan Dempster-SO THERE. AND I said that I would even tolerate a Celine Dion Christmas song. Granted, perhaps my heated rant was directed solely at Bryan Adams who just happens to be Canadian...I suppose I can apologize for that. Maybe.
Thirdly, you have NO IDEA how good "Funky Funky XMas" is mister!

Sis-I totally forgot about that Mariah Carey song-I love it too! Ok, I will change my rant to include only that horrible Bryan Adams song.

Is everyone happy now? ;)

Anonymous said...

Just because you say you like Canadians and like a Canadian on your Cubbies, doesn't mean that you are not hating on a poor old Canadian. AND you gave the Canadian we Canucks can't stand (Celine), a free pass.

KD said...

Ok fine, so I was hatin on Bryan Adams, so sue me! I'm sorry if you, and your entire country, took offense to my statements (are the Mounties gonna come get me now????). And my nice comments about Celine were really just a peace offering...I really can't stand her.Give me SOME credit, I didn't talk about Nickelback once! I have love for all Canucks (some more than others....), can't we all get along, give peace a chance, blah, blah, blah.......

Anonymous said...

I hate Nickelback. Worst band EVER.