Wednesday, November 19, 2008

KD and the Elliptical-A Love/Hate Story (with an emphasis on the hate)


I decided to be a big girl and graduate from the treadmill last night at the gym. I decided I'd move on to a bigger and more effective gym machine-the elliptical. I mean, I see other people do it, how hard could it be? So, I ran on the treadmill for a few minutes to get warmed up then I went to tackle this machine. Let me sum it up in three words: I HATE IT. It's hard. I mean, I know the gym isn't supposed to be fun or easy, but good lord man! I think it tried to kill me, I really do. I am proud to say, however, that even when I wanted to quit, wanted to cry or felt like I was having a heart attack, I kept on going....and going....and going. When it was all over, my legs felt like jelly, and I'm a little sore today, but it was worth it. I WILL overcome the elliptical. I WILL make it my friend. I WILL.

No comments: