Monday, November 10, 2008

Date Night! Mikey and I are going to see New Kids On The Block!!!!

Woo hoo! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! Tonight is NKOTB night y'all! Granted, I may have to kill Mike before our actual date night occurs (he's convinced he has shingles...mom, I told him to talk to you about what shingles really feel like. Some at work are daring to call Mikey a hypochondriac...hmmm....). I'm sure NKOTB is gonna be some good times....I'm gonna have flashbacks to the first time I saw them...I was 12 or 13, I don't really remember, and it was at the old Arena. Mom and Aunt Jan took my sister and I. It was a fantastic day, and I remember my mother and Aunt Jan lusting after Dino, the opening act. Whatever happened to that guy???? Remember his song "that's the way (uh huh, uh huh) I like it (uh huh, uh huh)? Classic.

And now for my guilt trip of the week. Listen up fam, because I'm talking to you. Yes, that's right I sat alone, in the cold, at the Florissant Veteran's Day parade yesterday so that I could see Grandpa in the back of a pickup truck for about ten seconds. Where were you? Those living outside of the STL metro area are exempt from my guilt trip. Grandpa saw me so I know he knows I was there (totally scoring myself some brownie points, I did not, however, have dinner with him and the Hooters girls afterwards....). I arrived in Florissant at noon as Grandpa told me that's when the parade started. As I pulled up to my usual spot at the bowling alley, I saw no parade-like activity. I started to question whether or not I had the right day when it occurred to me that I had to pee. So, I drove the few blocks over to Grandpa's house (hey, I have a key! Don't you worry about my breaking in), used the little girls room then discovered Grandpa's Halloween candy stash-bonus! While loading up on sugar, I noticed that Grandpa had left himself a note on the table detailing his day's activities (he always does this, keeps him organized) when I noticed that it appeared the parade didn't actually start until 1pm...nice Grandpa, thanks for that....So, I sat and watched the Rams game for a bit (what a monstrosity THAT was....yikes), then headed back out into the cold (39 degrees at parade start time).....anywho, here are some pics from the parade:
Here are the Korean War vets...Grandpa is in the very back, in the light blue jacket....
Grandpa is actually pointing to me in this picture...he spotted his Kerri Bird!
I liked the USO's float.....Dude, what is up with this gigantic shopping cart?
Ewwww....the creepy Shriners in their creepy mini-cars........
I'm not gonna lie, I spent most of the weekend doing nothing. Saturday I only changed out of my jammies long enough to go get some food, otherwise, I didn't leave the house. It was blissful. Friday night I did go to a brief happy hour with Tanya and Allison, we weren't out late, but it was good to catch up with those girls. It is now Monday again, I don't know how that keeps on happening. No matter, I have SEVEN more working days until I go on vacation. I'm not at all excited about that.

11 comments:

Val said...

You are a good granddaughter KerKer. I'm sure Grandpa was very happy to see you there. However, I am so glad I am exempt from the guilt trip. There are some advantages to living in Hootersville.

Broker said...

My dad is a creepy Shriner and drives one of those creepy Shriner cars. Ha ha!!

KD said...

Oh, um, sorry??? Broker.... ;)
Mom, did you mean "hootersville" or perhaps "hoosierville"??????

Val said...

No -- I meant Hootersville - of Green Acres fame.

KD said...

Oh yea....that's a little before my day.... ;)

Anonymous said...

It's also referenced in Wasted Rock Ranger by Great White

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjDppnJg7ko&feature=related

KD said...

Are you siding w/my mother????? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm staying neutral . . . and pointing out a great song!!!!

Did you watch the video???

KD said...

Will I get it w/out sound? Because the computer here at work has no speakers. And we both know how long it takes to download something at home......

Anonymous said...

You could try . . . but you won't hear much of the song

KD said...

well, then I'm guessing that would defeat the purpose, eh "anonymous"?