Friday, November 21, 2008

Actually being serious for once

I hesitate to even post this because you don't see me being serious too often----
I'm feeling very emotional today, and am actually tearing up as I write. This may seem like a depressing post, but it's really not meant to be. Yes, I know it's cliched to talk about all that you are thankful for at Thanksgiving time, but I'm just thinking about all the people that I love thatare going through some tough times right now and I'm trying to find a positive. I'm thinking about my wonderful, brave, strong friend Maggie who just went thought the biggest loss of her life, but came out to Book Club last night to be around the support of her friends who love her. Maggie, thank you so much for sharing all the pictures of Baby Frankie...I know he is now a little angel watching down on all of us. You and Matt are truly amazing. Truly.

I'm also thinking about a family that Aunt Jan, Aunt Mary and I had the pleasure of meeting last weekend. Their beautiful 4 year old daughter has Tay-Sachs disease, the same disease that took my baby cousins, Adam and Andy, so many years ago. Aunt Mary made a connection with this family and I don't know why, but I felt compelled to meet them and to meet their little girl. Perhaps for some closure as the boys passed away when I was very young, I don't know. This family was amazing and, in fact, Tim, the father posted on his blog today that meeting us felt like family. I couldn't agree more. Perhaps it's the bond of knowing what they are going through. Many of you (luckily) have no idea what it's like to lose a child to a devastating genetic illness. But, I think it was healing to meet them and meet beautiful Elise, who is one tough cookie! This family will stay in my thoughts and prayers.....

I suddenly want to tell all my friends and family how much I love them. I'm taking Grandpa to lunch today because I feel like I don't spend enough time with him (even though I see him weekly). I'm looking foward so much to next week because I get to be with my family. I'm trying to focus on all the good that is going on....my sister is pregnant with my first niece or nephew, my brother just found out that he is going to be able to graduate with his Associates Degree in May. I personally have nothing bad going on. I just hate it when people I love struggle, that's all.
Anywho, I guess the message is to try to focus on the good things you do have. And make sure your family and friends know you love them. Don't be silly-tell them. :)

Some of you are probably saying to yourselves "geez, when does she go back to work, she needs more to do than to write depressing blog posts"........aren't you? ;)

2 comments:

PAULA said...

Ker Ker, I hope you know how loved you are too. We have a great family. Your post came at a good time. I was having a pity party, and now I don't know why. Jay and I are both healthy and employed. My kids are healthy. Life is good. God is good. Thanks for slapping me back to reality. Love you Ker!See you at your Mom's next week.

Anonymous said...

Ker- that was a sweet post!! It's good to get sappy every so often. I believe in full disclosure rather than regretting lack there of down the road.

This is the best time of year to appreciate those around you. And we all appreciate you!! =)