Thursday, September 13, 2007

My anxiety worsens...

With each passing day, my baseball anxiety worsens. The Cubs are totally stressing me out dudes! Take last night's game, for instance-I rushed home from the crisis line so I could turn on WGN and watch the last part of the game. My boys were up 3-1 in the 8th, a good sign, but never safe with this team....move on to the 9th, the Astros get the leadoff guy on on a fluke play, the next guy hits an effing triple, the other dude scores, it's 3-2, and there is a dude on 3rd base-NO outs. I hear a collective "here we go again" from Cubs fans nationwide (as this is what happened the night before and they ended up losing). I missed how the Astros got their first out, but what was absolutely fantastic was the game ending double play, the Cubs ended up winning, but not before Lou Piniella could be seen saying the "f" word and then slapping all the boys on their butts...Lou was fired up! I swear, I need a shipment of Maalox STAT. The next two weeks are gonna be waaaay too stressful.....I must say I quite enjoyed the email I got from my friend Allison today. She wanted me to know that she downloaded "Go Cubs Go" for her iPod. This coming from a Cardinals fan. I love it! Speaking of the Cardinals, they are playing the Cubs this weekend, my brother and I will be there tomorrow night, I will be in head to toe blue, my brother will be in head to toe red. IT'S ON BABY! Woo hoo!

No comments: