Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Timbo Pistacio!

Today is my baby brother's birthday. Happy Birthday Tim! He is 24 today-who'd a thunk it? Damn boy, you're getting old.... :) I believe his greatest gift was my presence...yep, I'm in Salem for the weekend. I met mom and Tim for lunch, then dumped my car off at Knight and Maher (for all your car care needs!) for a much needed oil change and tire rotation....then Tim and I killed some time at Wal-Mart (I mean, where the hell else are you gonna go in Salem?). We ran into Chainsaw Man there-that was a blast from the past! He is totally the same-I forgot how freakin' funny he is....anyway, I headed home after that and did my jogging/walking. MUCH different doingit here...on gravel. Uh, I felt rocks coming through the bottoms of my shoes, I swear. My Hanky boy went with me-such a good dog....Stubby made it to the mail box before she packed it in and headed home to hang with her Daddy......Tim and I got to talk to Red on the phone....she is working hard on her Texas twang (can I get a "yee haw"?). After that, we all met mom in town for dinner at this ritzy new restaurant in Salem called My Place. Uh....yea. Actually, it was really good...I mean, they had tilapia....tilapia in Salem? It's true.

Tomorrow I have been informed that we are going into town for breakfast. Great, I thought, I like to eat. That is, until Dad broke it to me that we would be leaving the house BEFORE SEVEN AM. Uh.....what? Is that even legal? Ah the country.....

Ok, I haven't mentioned the Cubs in a couple of days thanks to all you boo bird negative Nellie's out there (you know who you are....Mike Tinnin). I gotta say though, we have a week left in the regular season, the Cubbies won today 13-8 and currently the Brewers are losing (keeping my fingers crossed). The Cubbies could be 2.5 games ahead of the Brewers at night's end. Mama like. Can't get too excited yet. I mean, after all, they ARE the Cubs....they could totally implode the last week. I really, really, really hope they don't. Think about this people. You know how obnoxious I am about them now? Can you even freakin' imagine how crazy I'm gonna get if they make the playoffs? I may actually annoy myself.......As Cubs fans around the world are saying "It's Gonna Happen"! :)

No comments: