Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bandwagoners welcome

It's not time to get excited yet. On Sunday maybe, but not today. Yes, for all you Haters out there, I'm talking about the Cubs. Bear with me....So, it's the last week of the season, the Cubs have a three game lead over the Brew Crew, both have six games left. Here's the deal-the Cubs are on the road for those six games while the Brew Crew is at home...playing the Cardinals (I'd say the next two games for the Brew Crew are a guaranteed win-sad, but true). SO, the Cubbies have to kick some major Marlin and Reds ass. I'll relax on Sunday.

Don't you hate people that ramble on about nothing or things you don't care about? Example-when I ramble on about the Cubs. You roll your eyes, skip that paragraph, and look for the good stuff, right? I thought so. Here's the deal though-I have enough insight to know this. I know that people don't want to read about the Cubs. Now, granted, it doesn't stop me from writing about them, but at least I am aware. Which brings me to my point-the people that have NO CLUE that you are annoyed by them, or that you could care less about what they have to say. The people who tell you pointless stories even though your body language indicates "I ain't listening". Everyone knows someone like this, you know you do. The question is-what do we do about it? Yea, I'm actually looking for some suggestions here....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stare at them cross eyed and begin thumping them in the forehead with your open hand. They might get the message after 3 or 4 slaps.

Mike

KD said...

you know, in my head, many times I have envisioned doing that, but never acted on my thoughts. maybe it's time.....

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind that these people seek you out to either talk to or purposefully go to your blog to read up, knowing you will ramble on about some Cub related diatribe--that there is what we call co-dependence. So really it's not your fault.