Friday, September 28, 2007

allergy medication=hallucinations????

Ok, so maybe you shouldn't mix Tylenol Allergy and Benadryl together. As my health rapidly declined throughout the day yesterday (a bit dramatic, but true), the only thing getting me through was the thought that I could dope myself up once I got home and just do what my body was craving-and that is SLEEP. One problem-I fought to stay awake because it was premier night for My Name Is Earl and The Office (OMG, I laughed out loud a million times-"let's put an end to this deadly disease...fight Rabies!"). I just had to watch them! However, at one point I looked over at my plants for some odd reason, and I swear, my dieffenbachia's leaves had holes all over them! I kept staring at it, panicked that my poor plant was sick (because, why else would it have holes in it's leaves?), I actually got up to look at it and realized it, in fact, did NOT have holes in the leaves......psychotic symptom #1-hallucinations. Ok, then, I kept having weird dreams (none of which I remember) and woke up every two hours or so. I woke up feeling rather groggy, still only able to breathe out of one nostril (the right one this time!) and noticed that one of my glands were swollen. Yep, sign of a good day, right? Well, it only got better. I got ready a bit earlier than normal (basically because I just threw some clothes on-I currently look like I just rolled out of bed.....business casual my ass!), so I decided to stop by my friendly local QuikTrip for some Diet Dr Pepper-fountain variety (I have been trying to avoid that place in the hopes of reducing my caffeine intake, but today, it was an emergency). Here is where the weirdness comes in-as I'm walking through QuikTrip I observe two things-1. everyone is staring at me (at least I thought they were, maybe they were staring at my goiter-like giant swollen gland in my neck) and 2. everyone there had crossed eyes (this may be an exaggeration, but I for real did see at least two dudes with crossed eyes...I haven't told anyone at work about this because, well, we have a co-worker that for real has crossed eyes, I'm not THAT rude...). Psychotic symptom #2-paranoid delusions.

I am now safely at work, no hallucinations or delusions in the last hour, so perhaps the worst is over. Everyone has now observed, however, that I look and sound like crap. Karen, my boss, suggested I just get my work done and then go home (very kind of her, but we have 14 cases today, so I don't see that happening). I am now on the Claritin, which seems to have no effect on me whatsoever. Would it be gross or socially inappropriate to just sit at my desk with kleenex hanging from my nose?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

OMG, I am laughing out LOUD. You are so funny Kerri. I had a similar experience one time with cough medicine. I took too much by mistake and got super sick....I woke up every hour or so thinking that there were people in my room....weirdola.