Sunday, September 16, 2007

Lewis The Bald Eagle

Oh, such a good weekend! Granted, right now I am sitting at my part-time job-not the greatest way to end your weekend by any means, but still ok. I had a lot of fun!

Friday night, Timbo and I went to the Cards and Cubs game. I was super pumped! I must say, Angie's boyfriend Aaron was a bit harsh about my Cubs fan-ness (actually saying that my parents did a bad job of raising me....), but in the end, the Cubbies WON!!!! It should be noted that my brother has an unnatural fear of birds (hey, it happens, I hate clowns), well, prior to the game, the very special guest at Busch Stadium was none other than Lewis The Bald Eagle from the World Bird Sanctuary. You should have seen the look on Tim's face when that thing went flying out of it's cage...it was awesome! Lewis didn't attack anyone (thank God), Ozzie Smith threw out the first pitch, it was cold outside-that about sums up the night. Everyone kept making fun of one of the guys on the Cubs-his name is Felix Pie (pronounced Pee-ay, but obviously looks like the dessert), Tim came up with a whole cast of characters that Mr. Pie could hang out with, such as Steve Crepes and Bob Pastry. I guess the insanity is genetic.....

Yesterday was some fun times at Fast Eddie's. Loved just hangin with some of my peeps, having some beverages and watching the Cubbies win (again). We also went to the one gay bar in Alton (who knew?), called Bubbys and Sissys (we were literally the only people there), we sat outside where there was a fire pit-Mike is VERY talented at stoking a fire-it's all about the teepee method, right Mikey? It was a long, but tiring day. By the time I got home around 9pm, I was d-o-n-e done.

Now I am working five hours on my Sunday, currently the Cubs are up 4-0, which prompts me to say-for those of you complaining about me writing about the Cubs so much on this blog, I got just one thing to say-IT'S MY BLOG! DEAL WITH IT! Sorry for that outburst. I love you all. :)

No comments: