Monday, September 17, 2007

My brother loves Matchbox 20

Why is it that every time I turn around, it's Monday? Is that some kind of weird cosmic thing? I don't know-will look into it further and let you know.

Hey-next time you see my little brother, ask him about his apparent fondness for Huey Lewis and the News as well as Matchbox 20 (that Rob Thomas is a BAD ASS!). I made fun of him mercilessly for that.....

Busy, busy week coming up. Tonight is my only free night as I will be at the crisis line the next two nights and on Thursday night I am hosting Book Club-yay! I'm not working on Friday (gotta love those random days off!), so I am heading to Salem to meet my mom for lunch and to hang with the fam for the weekend. Plus it's my baby brother's birthday on Friday-turning 24, can you believe it? It's sad that I actually remember when he was born, I mean, I was almost 8 after all. I remember that Grandma B took Red and myself to Wal-Mart and bought us all sorts of treats (including grape bubble gum!) so that we wouldn't be too jealous of the new baby....oh, I totally dug my new little brother. That is, until he was about 4 months old and I was celebrating my 8th birthday with my little friends-I had a slumber party and all was going well until my friends decided playing with the cute baby was more fun than playing with me. Now, in Tim's defense, he was a freakishly cute kid (it's true!), but still, I was pissed at that point (in all my 2nd grade glory....). I may still not be over it......naaaaaah.....I love that kid! :)

In my quest to not mention the Cubs as much, I am trying my best to not write about the Cubs, so, I will consciously try to not think about writing about the Cubs too much, I will censor any posts that mention the Cubs too much, I will just think about the Cubs in my head and will stop talking about the Cubs or anything Cub-like.....this is my solemn vow to you, John Q. Public.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall a certain someone (who will remain nameless . . . but is scared of clowns and butterflies) going nuts over the first Matchbox 20 CD back in the day.

KD said...

yes, Canada, but I'm a GIRL. It is socially acceptable for a girl to like them, not so much a manly man. Get what I'm saying? :)

Anonymous said...

You mean you're not a manly man???

I'll stick up for your brother here, "Yourself or Someone Like You" was a great album and while the stuff they have put out since then hasn't been as good, they still come up with an occassional good song.

KD said...

Oh Canada...you are such a funny, funny boy..... :)