Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bathroom horror stories

Ok, is it just me, or is there a certain public bathroom etiquette that should be followed? Some unwritten rules that I just assumed everyone knew. Apparently, I am wrong. So, as I was leaving work yesterday, I realized I had to use the ladies....the large amounts of liquids I had consumed that day had taken their toll and the thought of driving to the crisis line on a full bladder did not sound appealing. Anyway, so as I'm in there doin' my thang, I hear this woman in the handicapped stall making some rather unpleasant noises...the words "Oh God" and "Oh man" came out of her mouth along with a lot of grunting. Ok, now, I know we all have tummy problems from time to time and when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. But, the public display of emotion this woman exhibited while utilizing the facilities was a bit over the top. I felt myself feeling embarrassed for her. As I made my way to the sink to wash my hands, the Grunting Woman was at the sinks as well, head down on the counter, continuing to grunt and clearly wanted someone to see the distress she was in.....would it have been PC to ask her if she was ok? I was still embarrassed from her obvious displays of discomfort in the stall, so I just quickly washed my hands and exited the bathroom. Such an adventure.

No comments: