Wednesday, October 13, 2010

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY Rangers!

Congratulations to the Texas Rangers who won their very first playoff series.....ever. Don't be too impressed with that stat, the team has only been around since like 1970. Fourty years of oppression and suckage is nothing. Just sayin.

I'm very happy for them, however, as they have been my AL pick all season (I mean, after all, they ARE my niece's hometown team....). I love myself some Josh Hamilton and, um, how could you NOT love Cliff Lee? I mean seriously. I think my head would melt if I was able to see a Cliff Lee/Roy Halladay showdown in the WS. Think about the awesomeness of that. So.....gonna have to get the Yankees and Giants out of the way. Thanks. Three of the four remaining teams were the teams I picked (damn you, Yankees for getting in the way).

Oh, and I love the fact that the team banded together and celebrated with ginger ale so that Hamilton could take part in the celebration. Infamous for his history of drug and alcohol addiction, Hamilton usually skips the post game celebrations so as to not be tempted. This time, his team mates wanted him included. Sure, they did the beer and champagne thing later, but not until Hamilton left. Pretty classy bunch of guys right there. Between that and the Giants stopping their celebration to pay homage to Bobby Cox, there's been some really great displays of class this week in professional sports. Way to go guys!

Can't wait for the CS. Go Rangers! Go Phillies!

1 comment:

Blue said...

That was a sweet win, Kinsler's home run put a fork in the Rays.
It was great to see the Rangers changing the celebration up a bit so Hamilton could partake, that is awesome. So was the Giants with Bobby Cox, who by the way happens to be from a small town about 25 minutes from where I live.
Now hopefully the Rangers can beat Aroid and the Yankees.
The Philly/Giants series is going to be something else with the great pitching on both sides and with Brian Wilson. We could see 1-0, 2-0 games.