Monday, October 11, 2010

Reds swept out of the post season....KD rejoices

I would have preferred a shirtless Chase Utley pic, but this will have to do.

The Phillies are going to the NLCS......again. I mean, they are SO the elite team of the NL and prolly the only NL team that has a chance of beating an AL team. It's sad but true, folks. This girl couldn't have been happier to see the Reds get swept out of the playoffs. One-their season is now over-HA and two-they have no more braggin rights. The 2007 and 2008 Cubs got swept  in the first round, the 2009 Cards got swept in the first round and now the 2010 Reds get swept in the first round. Scientific proof that the NL Central is the worst division in all of MLB. Special thanks goes out to Brandon Phillips. Why? Because, without his leadoff hit in the 9th, Joey Votto wouldn't have been able to hit into a double play. And that, my friends, made getting out of bed yesterday worth it. The mighty Joey Votto, sucked ass in the playoffs. Small consolation, I know, but nonetheless makes me giggle.

The damn Yankees (see what I did there?) are also going to the CS after they swept the poor lil Twins. Gosh darn it, I wanted to get to see Joe Mauer for a bit longer....now I have to wait until spring. No fair. And um, Rangers? What the F is going on? You were supposed to end this already, now we're going to a deciding game 5? Where's my boy Josh Hamilton been? He's made some fine defensive plays, but did he forget to bring his bat to the ballpark? I mean, seriously? And then you have what is probably the most evenly matched series, the Giants and Braves. The Giants are up 2 games to 1 after a Braves meltdown yesterday. I don't really care who wins this series, and neither should you, because whomever wins will lose to the Phillies in the next round.

This has been your MLB playoff wrap up report, brought to you by me. You're welcome.

No comments: