Thursday, October 07, 2010

Dear Roy Halladay: You, sir, are amazing.

At the end of an emotionally draining day, the Phillies Roy Halladay did something amazing. For only the second time in playoff history, he threw a no-hitter. Yes, Roy singlehandedly made the entire Reds team his bitch. And I couldn't be happier about it. As I've often stated, once my Cubbies are eliminated, the Phils are my second team-been this way for a couple of years now. And the fact that they are playing the thuggish Reds makes me cheer for them even more. So, last night's game couldn't have been more perfect. And you know what Joey Votto? You can suck it. Still hopin for a sweep. GO PHILLIES

In other playoff news, the Rangers bitch slapped the Rays 5-1...LOVE. The Twins, unfortunately, lost to the stupid Yankees.  The Twinkies were up 3-0 but couldn't maintain the lead. Go get 'em today boys!

Everyone but the Reds/Phils are playing today. The Reds prolly need an extra day to wipe away their embarrassment. Ha!

2 comments:

Blue said...

So I was watching the Phils/Reds game in the 8th inning, my wife gets home from work and we decide to go pick up something to eat, but I tell her, we can't leave yet, because history is in the making. It was the 9th now, Doc is dealing good. She knows a bit about baseball, but gets confused with the no hitter/perfect game. So I tell her that Doc is pitching a no hitter, but when that last out happens on that nubber she said well that can't be a no hitter because the guy "hit" the ball. She says that in "her book" a no hitter is no ball to bat contact....lol. I began to laugh since that is usually how our disagreements begin with me laughing at her not understanding what I am trying to explain....lol. She still says the no hitter does not count....lol.
Great game by the Phils. I was like HA! take that you dirty Reds. : )

KD said...

haha, oh Blue, your wife is so cute! I love that story! I mean, if taken literally, she DOES have a point..... ;)