Wednesday, October 06, 2010

more MLB playoff stuff.....I'm obsessed

In the fun spirirt of the MLB playoffs, I thought I'd select one player from each team to follow. Could be because they're hot, or good, or in Joey Votto's case, an a-hole. Whatever reason, here are my eight selections:

PHILLIES: Chase Utley. He's hot, it's true. I don't care that my brother makes fun of his hair. Whatever. And...poor guy, his own teammate slept with his wife (look at you, Jayson Werth who is, um, ick. Mrs. Utley must be insane. Or a slut.)
GIANTS: Brian Wilson. This guy is insane. I love it. While he is a very capable closer, I like him because he's crazy. Dude has a mohawk and wears orange shoes. I saw an interview once where, in the middle of the interview for no reason at all, he got out a guitar and started singing "Carribean Queen". Love this guy.TWINS: Joe Mauer. He is super hot and an amazing catcher. He's also an amazing hitter. He's the reason anyone should be a Twins fan.
RANGERS: Josh Hamilton. He is, quite possibly, my favoritest player in all of baseball. His ability to hit is just ridiculous, finishing the regular season at around .350. Are you kidding me? If you've read his book, you'll understand him a bit more on a personal level. Yes, he struggled with drug and alcohol addiction, but the way he worked his way back, his faith and his dedication to his family makes him a true hero. I wish only good things for him.



REDS: Joey Votto. This guy just looks like a douchebag. Ew, ew and more ew. I hope he sucks in the playoffs and I hope his team gets swept. Nuff said.

BRAVES: Derrek Lee. Oh, DLee, how I miss you! One of the true good guys, I hope DLee does well. I don't particularly want his team to win, but if they did, I'd be ok with it. DLee is awesome.

 

YANKEES: Nick Swisher. I hope his team loses every single game, but I kinda dig this guy. I saw an interview with him and he, like Brian Wilson, is nuts. In a fun way. He's the team jokester, and always trying to keep things loose and fun. I dig that.RAYS: I chose manager Joe Maddon for this team. Dude just seems cool. And maybe a bit crazy. I seem to dig crazy.

1 comment:

Blue said...

I like Brian Wilson, he comes in and shuts down the opposing batters, he is what Marmol can be. Hopefully he will next season.
Not a fan of Utley, but I have a baseball card of his that you would love....lol.