Tuesday, October 26, 2010

weekend wrap up and random ramblings.....

Happy Tuesday, y'all! Monday was way too hectic for blogging, but today is a new day.

Had a great weekend, how bout you? Friday I had an awesome night of ordering pizza delivery, wearing my jammies and reading People magazine....and going to bed early. It was heaven. On Saturday, I woke up early and had the urge to......shop. Which is SO not me. I'm not a shopping kinda gal. I buy clothes only when I have to (like when my butt gets too big for my current clothes, you know, stuff like that). So, while I didn't go too crazy, I did purchase a couple of items including......fabulous burgundy colored Mary Jane heels. OMG. Love. For reals. And they're actually comfy. I want to wear them everyday.

Late Saturday afternoon, I headed over to babysit my favoritest little munchkin, my niece Kendall. I swear she changes every time I see her (I just saw her a week ago!). And, I realize I'm biased, but I just think she is the sweetest, funniest, cutest kid I've ever seen. Of course, as soon as Aunt Kerri arrived, she started showing off. She LOVES a new audience. Her Grandma B told me that as soon as she told her Aunt Kerri was coming over she got all excited and kept running to the door (um....LOVE!). Her daddy and I made her dinner (my sis was in a wedding that day so,not home) and then she and I and her grandparents played kickball. She loved it....just shrieked with laughter. That's the greatest sound. Ever. She also locked us out of the house. That was fun too. She was inside laughing as we were all  stuck on the sun porch. Little monster. While her pamaw and papaw got ready to go to a different wedding reception, Kendall and I went downstairs to play. All was fine until she started pointing to the TV saying "Dora" over and over. Apparently the kid wanted to watch Dora. Unfortunately....Aunt Kerri couldn't figure out how to turn the TV on . I mean, there's THREE remotes for God's sake. Kendall was not so much patient, started crying and saying "Dora" and shaking her head yes. I finally figured it out only....Dora wasn't on. This did not sit well with my girl. Luckily, five minutes later, Go Diego Go was on and, well, that was apparently an acceptable substitute. Whew! We played for awhile and then Kendall started getting antsy. I asked her if she wanted to take her bath, she shook her head yes and repeatedly said "ba". I can take a hint. So, up we went. Aunt Kerri is sort of bathing-a-toddler-retarded (for reals), but managed to get the job done. After getting jammies on and teeth brushing, Kendall didn't want to play, she wanted her milk and to read her books. Done and done. We "read" every single book she owns-it mostly consisted of her flipping the pages, occasionally letting me know what was on the page-"ah ah's" (monkeys), "nana's" (bananas), "cheep cheep" (birds). You get the picture. We then had to tell each book "nite nite"...with Kendall kissing some of them nite nite. I then asked her if she was ready to go nite nite, she shook her head yes, I put her in her crib....and didn't hear from her the rest of the night.

Once munchkin was down for the night, I concentrated on watching the Blues game, Mizzou/OU game and the NLCS....all at the same time. Lot of channel flipping going on. It was a GREAT sports night....the Blues won 1-0 in OT, Mizzou beat OU for like the first time ever (or something like that), moving them to 7-0 (OU was the #1 team in the country....um,not any more. HA!) and, while I was pro-Phillies, I'm pro-Brian Wilson's Beard more, so I was happy to see the Giants win and go on to the World Series. I realize I should be pro-NL, but I really like the Rangers and Josh Hamilton.....so, I think they're my pick. Although I'd like it to go 7 games so I can see my favorites for as long as possible. Because after the WS, there's no more baseball until spring. Boo hiss.

Sunday was a delightful day of church with Grandpa, and then watching the Rams game that nearly made me cry. Up 17-3 at the half, the game looked to be won.....but this is still the Rams we're talking about and, they managed to lose 18-17 in the last seconds of the game. For real. Almost cried. They're now 3-4 on the season. Still better than last year, but now we have expectations and hope.....and they shoulda won that game. Grrr.

Looking forward to this coming weekend-lots of fine family fun and......it's HALLOWEEN! Yay!

No comments: