Monday, October 04, 2010

KD's MLB playoff picks-scientifically proven to be right

I'm mourning the end of the regular season ( I already miss my Cubbies. I can't help it, I just do). Instead of thinking up ways to interrupt Tyler Colvin's wedding in November, I thought I'd offer y'all my MLB Playoff picks instead (including who I WANT to win, and who I think will ACTUALLY win). WAY less stalker-ry, wouldn't you say?

Let's start with the AL (also known as "the league I don't really care about").

ALDS:
YANKEES vs TWINS. I'm picking the Twins here and my reasons are twofold-1. Joe Mauer is hot and 2. I  hate the Yankees. In reality, I think the Yankees will win.

RAYS vs RANGERS. I'm picking the Rangers because I love myself some Josh Hamilton, but I wouldn't be upset if the Rays win-how could anyone NOT like the Rays? I mean, seriously? In reality, I believe the Rays will win.

ALCS:
YANKEES vs RAYS. I'm gonna go Rays here. There's something kinda magical about them. Something their "fans" (all 13 of them) don't deserve to have. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM, PEOPLE!

On to the NL (also known as "the only league I care about")

NLDS:
PHILLIES vs REDS. This one feels like a no-brainer. Phillies in three. And not just because I hate the Reds and Joey Votto and love Chase Utley (ok, maybe both have a little to do with my picks...). The Phillies are the best team in the NL. Period.

BRAVES vs GIANTS. Hmmmm, tough call here. I like the Giants because their closer, Brian Wilson, has a mohawk. And wears orange shoes. Yea, my pick is gonna be the Giants. I'm not sure who will actually win, both have great pitching. I think I'm gonna go with...............Giants.

NLCS:
GIANTS vs PHILLIES. Phils all the way baby!

WORLD SERIES:
PHILLIES vs RAYS. Phils will win. Boo yah!

I'm excited! Let the playoffs begin!

2 comments:

Blue said...

Hmmmm, I am going with the Twins to beat NY. Aside from CC, the Yankees have no pitching.
The Rangers to beat the Rays, just a little better pitching.
Rangers over the Twinkies after that.
Philly since the have the better pitching staff and the owned the Reds in the regular season.
Giants over the Braves, only because the Bravos are hurting right now. I think Buster Posey will kill the Braves.
I had picked the Braves to make it to the WS, but now I think the Giants will
WS.....Rangers vs...Giants.....Rangers win in 5.

KD said...

I'd be ok w/that outcome! I'm really leaning toward the Rangers being my AL team. I just think Josh Hamilton is amazing and would like to see him win. Thatis all. :)