Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend sports wrap up

What a weekend in sports! I was glued to either the TV or radio most of the weekend.

On Saturday, HUGE win for Mizzou as they beat Texas A&M....and later in the day Nebraska (arguably the best team in the Big 12 North...with Mizzou 2nd) LOST (ha!) and even better, the #1 team in the country, Ohio State, lost. Mizzou went from #19 in the country to..........#11. Holla! This weekend will be huge as they play Oklahoma.....yikes. Go Tigers! Saturday also saw the Rangers beat the Yankees (WOO HOO!). Unfortunately, my Blues lost in a shootout, but still got an OT point.

Sunday's Rams game was amazing. My fingers were crossed as my sister, BIL, niece and parents were all at the game. I didn't have high hopes because San Diego is a pretty good team and the Rams are, well, the Rams. Sam Bradford doesn't care. He was great (despite being sacked twice) and Mizzou alum, Danario Alexander, playing in his first NFL game, scored an amazing touchdown and the Rams, yes folks, your St. Louis Rams, won 20-17. They are now 3-3 on the season. Let us not forget they were 1-15 last year. Get excited folks, GET EXCITED!!!!!! Sunday was capped off by an awesome win by the Phillies (after they lost Game 1), J Roll, who hasn't done much, hit a 3 run double, sealing the deal. Oh, and Chase Utley is hot....and Jayson Werth is not. I was disappointed to learn that the league banned Brian Wilson's orange shoes....but not that strange beard he was sporting....Oh the beard. Did you see it? It looked like it was dyed black with shoe polish. In fact, he admits he dyed it:  He said he did this because he ”thought it would be fun to have a ridiculously dark beard.” I think the guy is hilarious. I dig him. Oh, and, um, Tim Lincecum without a hat on is frightening. Like, Halloween came early frightening. Yikes.


Oh and then theres this:
Yes, that's me as Steven Jackson....

The aforementioned Steven Jackson and my new sports boyfriend, Danny Amendola...

2 comments:

poker affiliate said...

Great sports weekend. The pitching matchups have been outstanding, and the college and pro football games had dramatic comebacks. The biggest upset of the weekend was the Ohio State vs Wisconsin game.

Blue said...

That was my kind of weekend, except for the Phillies winning : )
The Rams win was a surprise, good job Rams.
And Ohio State losing made my weekend, one and done, again. I'm not a fan of Big Ten football, Big 12 baby!