Thursday, September 24, 2009

......wrestle with Jimmy....

I've been at my sisters for less than two hours and I've already laughed more in that time than I do in a typical week. We're talking tears rolling down your face laughing.

Let's start at the beginning-the flight itself was not fun-we're talkin turbulence for the ENTIRE flight. Now, this may not bother some people, but I get motion sick VERY easily and as the turbulence kicked in, I made sure I knew the location of my barf bag (and the barf bag for the empty seat next to me-just in case). I was hoping our lovely fight attendants (more on them in a minute) would bring me a Sprite so my tummy would settle, but apparently it was too turbulent for them to push their little cart down the aisles. What the f? Speaking of the flight attendants, they were all men and I'm pretty sure they were all, uhm, how do I say this politely? I'm pretty sure they were all friends of Dorothy-if you know what I mean. One in particular entertained me-his name was Jeff and he looked like he could have been in the group Color Me Badd (yes with two d's)-he had the side parted hair with a little spike on the other side (like my brother had when he was three-it was 1986.) and he had a neatly coiffed beard (kinda like Justin Timberlake in the video "D**k in a box"-if you haven't seen it, YouTube it). We finally landed and I managed to keep my lunch down. Our pilot announced we'd landed 10 minutes early-and then he said "so remember that next time we're 10 minutes late". Ha ha ha!

Once my sis and I arrived at her house, I walked it to find this beautiful girl with the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen! Miss Kendall was still awake to greet her Aunt Kerri. I'm pretty sure that child gets more and more beautiful everytime I see her! Baby girl was down for the night fairly soon after I got there...and Red and I set about making the Brazilian dessert she is bringing for culture day at Kendall's school. Uhm....yea. Basically, they are little chocolate "candies" that you form into a circle and then roll in the jimmies. What's a jimmie, you may ask? Well, you and I would call them "sprinkles" but apparently the Brazilians do not. I blame Gisele Bunchen (she IS Brazilian, isn't she? No? I blame her anyway.).

The BEST part of the night is when my brother-in-law Jon took the dog out for a walk, when he came back in he apparently gasped "oh snap" and my sister was like "what???"....turns out, a bird had found it's way into their house and was now FREAKING THE HELL OUT. My sister and I screamed and ran from the room as it followed us, shedding feathers everywhere. I was laughing so hard I was afraid I was going to wet my pants. Jon finally cornered it in one of the bedrooms upstairs...he told us it whacked itself a couple of times on the blades of the ceiling fan, and then when he slowed the fan down, continued to ride in circles on it like it was a frickin merry-go-round. After a good 15 minutes the bird finally found it's way out the window....or at least we think it did. Jon wasn't 100% sure. I told him that if I'm awakened tonight by some bird trying to poke my eyes out that I was coming downstairs to sleep with him and my sis (what? Three's a crowd? Or as my sis said, if Chloe joined us then "fours a party!").

Everyone is in bed now except for me. I'll be all over taking pics tomorrow. But for now, this girl needs some shuteye. Good night!

No comments: