Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day off #1

So...I got to sleep in today (yay) and then decided to challenge myself and jog/walk FIVE miles today. Some of you may not be impressed, but for me, that would be a MAJOR accomplishment. Especially given my previous high has been 4.2 miles. Before I could psych myself up, I realized I had no idea where 1. my pedometer was and 2. where my headphones were-both integral parts of any jog. After tearing the place apart, I managed to find them and I was on my way. I got sidelined by a funeral procession, but kept on a' goin....I was doing fine until I hit Francis Park and discovered, much to my dismay, that they were mowing the grass. KD is most allergic to this and coupled with the ragweed/pollen in the air, soon began wheezing and my nose was running-both of which are not fun things when you're trying to jog and are about two miles from home. I managed to circle the park a couple of times and then head back home. Someone told me that the jump from 4 to 5 miles isn't all that bad, and I agree! It really didn't feel like all that much more. Now, I am home with a splitting headache (thanks allergens!) but....I DID IT!

Apparently, all the fun stuff happens when I'm off work. I logged on to Facebook this morning only to find several of my co-workers posting about how our work building was on fire and the entire building had to be evacuated. This may not seem all that much of a big deal but the next part is....I missed out on HOTTIE FIREFIGHERS. Awww geez! Apparently my co-workers were stuck outside for a couple of hours-that doesn't so much sound like fun, but still....every time I've been involved in a building evacuation it's either been a false alarm or a test, meaning....no HOTTIE FIREFIGHTERS!

Oh, one last thing...Is is really necessary for Mackenzie Phillips to go on the Oprah show and tell the world that she had sex with her father? I mean seriously!

2 comments:

ern said...

you also missed that the handicapped stall in the women's restroom is out of order right now b/c there is a small amount of "stool" on the the left hand corner wall. there's an actual sign on the stall stating that. so basically, someone wiped their s**t on the wall. nice!

KD said...

AGAIN? Man, I'll bet the maintenance staff will be glad when we move out of the building at the end of the year. People are disgusting.