Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Word to ya mutha

I went to bed with wet hair last night and let's just say that this morning's result, in a word, was frightening. I realize that was a completely random statement, but I felt like sharing. You're welcome.

So, totally excited for my Saturday plans! Erin and I are going to our final baseball game of the season....that just happens to be our precious Cubbies vs the Cardinals here in the STL. Our plans include lunch beforehand and, yes, perhaps a beverage or five (hey, we aren't driving!). Here's hoping the weather stays nice and here's hoping we finally get to wave the "W" flag at Busch Stadium (unfortunately, we have not been able to personally witness the Cubs win at Busch this season). While on the topic of baseball, let me just say this-all this buzz about the Cubs creeping back into the Wild Card race make me nervous. I was doing much better when I had no hope for the season. Now, just this tiny amount of buzz has made me hopeful again and I don't like it one little bit!

***Also, just want to say to my blog buddy Blue-I'll be sending you good vibes tomorrow and in your recovery! I know everything will be just fine and you'll be good as new soon!

In other sports news, the Rams suck and the Blues won their first pre-season game last night (HOLLA!). I have high hopes for the Blues this season. Sure hope they don't let me down like my other favorite blue team did......

5 comments:

ern said...

Kerr, I, as well, am not liking this hope that is creeping in. I prefer the days of old where there never was hope just a love of the Cubbies. Oh the good ol' days how I miss thee.

Looking forward to Saturday. Hopefully, we'll be flying the W flag. Oops, there's that pesky hope again, dag nabbit!

Blue said...

((BIG HUGS)) Thank you for the good vibes KD, I'll be checking in with you ladies as soon as I'm able to..... GO CUBS GO!!!!!

KD said...

You'd better Blue! Just to let us know you're doing ok! :)

Blue said...

I promise I will.
I will be in the hospital for at least a week, but once I get home, I'll stop in to say Hello.

Jen Estes said...

We'll definitely be thinking of you Blue! I'm sure it'll go amazingly well and you'll have a speedy recovery just in time to watch the Cubs sneak into the playoffs. (Okay, okay, but those first two for real!)

**Cubby Bear Hug**