Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Teddy Lou


Tell me that Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly and Yankees legend Lou Gehrig don't look alike. I find the similarity a bit eerie. Ted, like Lou, is a quiet leader but is also a man you don't want to mess with (are you listening, Yadier Molina? Babe Ruth-Lou wasn't scared of you and I'm pretty sure still hasn't forgiven you for sleeping with his wife, but whatever). Perhaps Ted is channeling the spirit of Lou-which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I'm reading "Iron Horse" right now, a book about Lou's way too short life (ALS, now known as "Lou Gehrig's Disease), took his life at age 38. So sad. If you are interested at all and have the chance, I recommend the book.

This is the conclusion of KD's book review. I realize it wasn't much of a review, but hey, my excuse is I haven't had enough caffeine yet and my brain still isn't firing on all cylinders.....(some say it never is, but I digress).



9 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, I'll have to read that book someday. I'm not much of a reader, so it takes me a long time to read a book.
Was this book part of your book club?....lol
And yes, there is an uncanny resemblence between Ted and the great Lou Gehrig.

KD said...

Hey Blue! I dropped out of book club a few months ago. :) Just wasn't feelin it anymore. I read more on my own anyway.

If I didn't know that Gehrig was childless, I'd swear Ted could be his grandson.... :)

Blue said...

When I was aboard ship I could read all the time....nothing else to do aside from working all the time. I read the book The Final Season by Tom Stanton, it's about the last baseball season at old Tiger Stadium....great book.
Why Is The Foul Pole Fair by Vince Staten is great, you can't go wrong with that one.
Field of Hope by Brett Butler, former Dodger....good book. I still have a few baseball books that I need to read.
Are you growing weeds on your farm or what?.....lol....lots of weeds my friend.....oh and racoons as well...I got them, no worries.

KD said...

I know I'm neglecting my farm, LOL! I didn't get home until 7 last night and just didn't have it in me to virtual farm. ;)

I'm not gonna be home tonight either so, the weeds and coons may take over......

Blue said...

I got sold some of my animals yesterday, just too many to keep grooming and petting and stuff. I think I'll concentrate on crops and keep the critters to a minimum.

KD said...

are you copying me blue? lol! that's what i did too-unloaded animals and trees too. I did buy a post office-did you see it? love it! i'm still chasing my aunt, but i'm on level 46 now and keep on truckin!

we need to form a support group, don't we?

Blue said...

I see your post office, it's surrounded by chickens....scary... when I was a kid my neighbor had chickens, one of them attacked me.....lol....maybe I should not have been shooting play arrows at it huh?....lol

KD said...

yea...i'm thinking it's probably best to not shoot arrows at chickens.....:)

Blue said...

Chickens are cool.....especially deep fried....lol
Damn, now I'm hungry.