Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I'm in love....

....with my new electric blanket. This thing ROCKS! Had I known it was so awesome, I would have bought one long ago. Since the temp has been in the single digits oh, for the last week or so, I decided desperate times called for desperate measures, so I marched on up to the local Target (actually I drove, but whatever) in search of a blanket that plugs into the wall. I have not been disappointed. I put that baby on high and then pile another 3 blankets on top of that and suddenly, I'm sleeping through the night and snug as a bug. Best $30 I ever spent. Is it a little concerning that I love an inanimate object so much?

Another thing I love right now is O-Ke-Doke Chicago Mix popcorn. Yum. It's cheese and caramel flavored popcorn-in one bag. A little slice of heaven it is. And I'm having it for breakfast this morning. Don't judge me.

Here is what I DON'T love.......my job. At least not right now. I've been at work a little less than two hours and the day has already sucked big donkey balls. This is after I was stuck here until 6pm last night because of other people's incompetence (which I'm not a fan of, by the way). It's busy, poorly managed and just overall a hot mess over here.

Another thing I DON'T love....the fact that we are supposed to be getting a snow storm tonight/tomorrow. People around here drive like morons when it sprinkles, can you imagine how they drive when there's snow on the ground? Put it this way-I see a two hour morning commute in my immediate future. Awesome.

If you can't tell I am one crabby bitch today. I'm hormonal, everyone around me is stupid and I'm cold. And that is all. Good day.

4 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, sounds like your new blanky keeps you nice and warm, always a plus in frigid weather.
Hey have you gotten your car back yet? Hope works gets better.

KD said...

I don't even get to take my car to the shop until Monday, 1/11. Guess they're busy the first of the year??? They say it's gonna be a 3 day job, so I'll be sportin a rental car next week. Awesome.

luvrob said...

By the time I left, I was beyond pissed off and having cosmic levels of ideations of kicking someone's ass. I only did 2 precerts all day, the rest of the time was spent dealing with a bunch of shite that was SOOOOO not my job. sry it sucks over there too, Kerri. Any time for happy hour in our future?

KD said...

Rob, while I'm sorry it sucks for you too, I'm also a bit relieved b/c I was starting to think it was just me having a shitty week. That being said, happy hour? Name the time and the place and I'm there.