Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My hometown turns 150!

Who knew? Apparently, little ol' Salem, Missouri is celebrating it's 150th birthday this year. In celebration, the fine folks of Salem are hosting a costume ball this weekend (WTF???). If you'd like to read more, click on my link for "The Salem News online" (FYI, it's not that interesting). So, um, Happy Birthday and stuff Salem.

The first night of American Idol was last night. I have to be honest, by hour #2 my attention span was gone, but the first hour was fairly entertaining. I have to believe that those truly crazy ones are staged, however. And seriously, that skinny white kid that kept yelling "HOLLA" made me want to punch him in the face. For reals. It's on again tonight which is going to conflict with my previous Wednesday night commitment of watching Modern Family. What is a girl with no social life to do?

Is it the weekend yet? I seriously almost cried last night when I realized it was only Tuesday. Today is now Wednesday and the end of the week is in sight, but not nearly close enough. Granted, we do have a 3-day weekend coming up (thank you very much, Martin Luther King, Jr!), but still, I'm tired. Monday night I took a nap before bed (true story) and last night I was out by 10pm-ish. And today I didn't want to get up. I'm in a good mood today, but soooooo soooooo sleepy still. Think they'd care if I took a little nap in my cubicle?

10 comments:

Blue said...

Goodmorning KD, hope you day goes quickly. I have to say that I to was bored with AI during the second hour. There were some good voices, but I do get tired of the crazy one's, but they are entertaining.
By the way I am sorting some baseball cards and found a Ted Lilly card in an A's uniform....looks weird....lol

KD said...

Good morning Blue! It's about mid-day and so far so good!

Is it a baby Ted? He was on the A's a looooong time ago. You should post it on your blog!

Blue said...

KD, I posted Ted, check it out...lol

KD said...

I just did...commented on your blog. Could baby Ted be any more adorable? I think not.

Blue said...

Maybe you can copy it and put it as your background....lol

KD said...

Oooooo.......

Blue said...

So KD, are you attending said costume ball this weekend? Maybe you should go, they may take attendance or something.....lol

KD said...

Yeaaaaa....I'm gonna have to pass on that one Blue. :) Or...maybe I could get all dressed up in costume, then go to the Wal-Mart and have someone submit my picture for People of Wal-Mart. LOL!

Blue said...

lmao...that would be sweet....KD on PofW!

KD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.