Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Misc. rambling

I have been WAY too lazy to blog this week. Actually, it takes until about Wednesday before I'm awake enough to tackle the week (doesn't say much for my work performance on Mondays and Tuesdays, does it?). So it's now Wednesday, and I'm feelin pretty good. Well, except for that headache I've had for the last two days, but whatever. I am single-handedly keeping the drug companies that make ibuprofen in business. You're welcome.

Let's see, what do we have going on this week? Well, the Cubs have made some more questionable signings. Xavier Nady, anyone? I don't know much about him other than he used to be a Yankee (ew), is kinda cute, and has had not one but TWO Tommy John surgeries. Excellent choice, Cubs management! I have nearly lost all hope in the 2010 season and it hasn't even started yet. I sure hope someone (I'm looking at YOU, Kosuke Fukudome!) can prove me wrong.

Speaking of baseball signings, the arch rival Cardinals signed former Cub, Rich Hill. Now, ordinarily I'd laugh at this since Rich was SO stellar for the Cubs (and by "so stellar" I mean "not so much"), however, knowing the Cubs luck, he'll probably win the Cy Young for the Cards this year. Sounds about right. Man, I sure am Negative Nelly today! Perhaps I need some mood stabilizers......

Ok, so last Saturday night was date night with Grandpa at the Blues game. I picked him up at 5:30pm (game started at 7:00) because I thought the plan was to take the MetroLink downtown (St. Louis' answer to public transportation). However, Gramps decided he wanted me to drive downtown. Not that I minded, but it was raining and parking downtown is a bitch (pardon my French). Gramps offered to pay for parking, however, so off we went. Grandpa was all dressed up for the evenings festivities-complete w/a button down shirt and slacks. I tried (in vain) all day Saturday to find a Blues hat for him to wear-could not find ANY in the greater St. Louis metro area. WTF????

We got to ScottTrade in plenty of time, had a hotdog and a beer (for the two of us, this totalled $31.00-sounds about right), and went to find our seats. Gramps was impressed....10 rows off the ice, right behind the goal. Grandkid of the Year, anyone? We were so close that if someones tooth had fallen out, we could have caught it. I just realized how gross that is. Man, I love hockey! Anyway, no score in the 1st period, but in the 2nd period, the Blues scored twice (BJ Crombeen and I think the other one was Alexander Steen-I don't really remember). In the 3rd period, one of my favorites, TJ Oshie, scored, making it 3-0 (with Grandpa also teasing me about my crush on him and reminding me that I am too old for him. Thanks Gramps, thanks a lot for reminding me.). I was thinking that perhaps the Blues would win a home game after all and was particularly happy because Grandpa was so excited. Not that it lasted. This is the Blues we're talking about, remember (it's not like they have any pensive players.....right DT?)? So the Ducks (what a wussy name for a hockey team, but whatever) came back and made it 3-2, but still, it was nearing the end of the game, so with fingers and toes crossed (not really), I hoped that the Blues could hold on. You know where I'm going with this one, right? Yea.....with THIRTY SECONDS left in the game, the Ducks (quack quack) tied it with a totally bogus goal (hey Chris Mason, how bout next time you just jump out of the pucks way so it'll go in easier?). So....onto overtime we went. No one scored in OT, so the game headed to the always entertaining (and totally nerve wracking) shootout. OMG, talk about causing someone to have a heart attack! (and I'm talking about me, not my 82 year old grandfather). I thought I was gonna wet myself a couple of times (I didn't, for the record). Sadly, it ended the way we all expected it to-the Ducks won. Bastards. So, the Blues went from leading 3-0 to losing 4-3. How does that even happen? That is like REALLY GOOD at being crappy. Ugh. Is it baseball season yet??????? Go Cubs?

4 comments:

Blue said...

Hey KD, sorry to hear that the Blues lost, but it sounds like it was a great game.
Not sure what is up with Nady aside from the two TJ surgeries, hopefully he will do good if he makes the club.
Ok, the other night I caught the rose ceremony on the Bachelor show which by the way that little break he made just before removing one rose seemed all setup.....anywho, what is up with that Viena(?) girl, why were the other chicas hating on her? I don't watch it, but now I NEED to know....lol........sad huh?....lol

KD said...

Oh Blue, I like you even more now that I know you're man enough to admit you watched The Bachelor. ;)
As for that Vienna chick-one word: crazy. And for reals is fairly cute and all (if not a bit cross-eyed) but without makeup??? OMG FRIGHTENING. Just saying. ;)

Blue said...

lol....Thanks KD, I've watched it before, usually just to see what kind of whacked out chicks are on there. I think the last one that I saw all the way was when they had that Navy guy on there. I wanted to see what kind of "sailor" bs he used......lol
That Vienna girl kind of has a Lady Gagaish look to her.

Blue said...

What is up with FV, the last few days it has not loaded completely .....grrrrrrrrr