Thursday, January 14, 2010

My irritation grows.....

Ok, so I was starting to make peace with the fact that my car was hit on Christmas Eve. I mean, after all, it is now in the shop getting fixed, so why am I irritated? Well.....because I just had the realization that today is Thursday and that my car has been in the shop since Monday. Curious about whether or not it was fixed yet, I decided to call Skip at Central Auto Body. Skip advised me that once they starting fixing it, they found "additional damage" and had to go back and forth with AAA to get more money out of them (now a grand total of over $2,000 worth of damage. Nice work, grandpa's neighbor!). The parts are now ordered but Skip advised me my car would not be ready until......next Monday or Tuesday. WTF? She did enough damage that it's gonna take OVER A WEEK to fix? So, now I'm irritated because I really want my car back. I don't like driving rental cars because it makes me nervous and afraid to drive for fear of damaging the rental car somehow. I just don't like it. And.....it's just a huge inconvenience. I think the damagee should be rewarded money not only to cover the damage to the car, but also to cover the fact that it's a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS. The damager is sitting at home right now in her UN-damaged vehicle, while mine is being held hostage at an auto body shop in Maplewood. Somehow that seems unfair.......

19 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully you'll have it back on Monday. At least they found the additional damage, that was something that could have been missed and could have given you problems later on. So better to have it taken care of now.
I feel your pain with rentals, I almost got backed into by an old lady while driving a rental when my truck was in the shop after getting hit in Arizona....damn college kids....lol
Ok...time to hit up Farmville and Petville and Cafe World and whatever else I'm playing......lol

KD said...

Oh Blue, please be my facebook friend....I want more Farmville neighbors. I am seriously addicted, on level 43 and I need help. Maybe a support group or two. :)

Blue said...

Support group?...lmao. Ok, standby.

KD said...

i just talked w/one of my hospital contacts in TN and she said she was going home to play Farmville tonight. LOL! She's adding me as her friend so she can have more neighbors. This game is addictive!!!!! I mean, seriously.

Blue said...

Where are you? I don't see anyone that looks like you..lol.

KD said...

OHHHHH, LMAO. I forgot, I changed my profile picture last night to my 7th grade class pic. Hilarious. So, look for a dorky kid w/braces. LOL LOL LOL!

Blue said...

Ok, got it....I hope....lol

KD said...

hopefully you got the right one...otherwise you're gonna be "that guy" friend requesting 13 year old girls...... LMAO!


no access to FB here at work, will check when I get home!

Blue said...

Well that was the only one with braces so I think I'm safe...lol

Blue said...

Pages....Flip Flops, St. Louis Blues, Mizzou Tigers, Chase Utley, Micah Hoffpauir.....yeah, I think I got the right KD....lmao

Blue said...

Ted Lilly, Weezer.....I bet my ham sandwich this is you...lol.

KD said...

LMAO!!! See, I'm not hiding my identity....I'm the same on FB as I am here. :) LOVE IT!!!!

Blue said...

KD, you are so shy....lmao

KD said...

True......... :)

Blue said...

Are you playing PetVille?

KD said...

nope, only Farmville....and Fishville. :) I have a Farmtown farm, but I've abandoned it. :)

Blue said...

I played Fishville for a bit, but gave it up. I hated the thought of the fish starving when I could not get to them....lol.....silly I know.....lol

KD said...

Oh, I get it. I get upset when I see them floating upside down b/c I forgot to feed them...LOL!

Blue said...

Poor fishes....lol