Thursday, December 03, 2009

Whose nuts are these?

I arrived at work this morning to find nuts on my desk. Not something that typically happens, I wondered aloud "why are there nuts on my desk?". I've been promised there's a story behind it, but thus far, I haven't heard said story. So, here I sit with nuts on my desk. Happy Thursday to me!

The eye is a million times better today. I'm still sans eye makeup (you're shuddering at the thought, aren't you?), but no more watering and no more pain. Yes, things are looking up my friends. That, and the weekend is almost upon us. Oh, and we did NOT get the snow we were threatened with. Yay.

Big weekend plans? I'm working at the crisis line tomorrow night-awesome. Saturday my precious Mikey Poo is having a little shindig at his house. I've promised to bring my now famous buffalo chicken dip and some beverages-the gays like their wine but I'm gonna butch it up a bit and bring beer. Surely there are some butch gays out there, right?

9 comments:

Blue said...

A couple of questions KD.
1. So what kind of nuts are they?
2. Are they "attached" to anyone or are they loose?
3. Is there a Big Gulp nearby?

As for your eye, maybe you are allergic or having an allergic reaction to your eye makeup or mascara stuff thing.

KD said...

Blue, I can answer your questions:

1. they were walnuts
2. they were not attached to anyone
3. if there's a Big Gulp nearby it better have a certain lefty from Torrance, CA attached to it.

As for the eye issue, I think you're right. I'm gonna get new mascara "stuff thing" this weekend and see if that takes care of the problem. :)

Blue said...

So is Ted's new nickname going to be Ted "Big Gulp" Lilly?....lol

KD said...

it's quite possible. a Big Gulp is WAY more impressive than a coffee cup. ;)

Jen Estes said...

KD, when I read the title, I just assumed this was another Grady Sizemore post.

Glad your eye is better!

KD said...

jen...it's not everyday a girl finds nuts on her desk!

Jen Estes said...

It isn't? Why, that's how I start off every morning.

So do you still not know the backstory to the nuts? It's got to be driving you...um, nuts.

KD said...

Oh yea, the backstory is not at all interesting...apparently there was some sort of food vendor thingy at work yesterday (I'd have known that if I actually read my work emails) and apparently these candy coated nuts (for her pleasure. I couldn't resist.) were samples so they handed them out to everyone. :)

Jen Estes said...

Aw man, anticlimatic. I don't know what I was expecting...but it wasn't that.

"For her pleasure"...now I would buy those nuts!