Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Not ready

There is a dirty, filthy rumor that we are getting snow today. I'm not ready. It was pointed out to me that it is December, but still, I'm not ready.

Folks, if you didn't know this already, let me tell you-I am a hot mess. So, remember my eye issue from a few weeks ago? Well.....it's back. I am on Day 3 of pain, not being able to see and constant watering (to the point that tears are dripping down my face and everyone at work thinks I'm crying...I'm not). Have I called my doctor? Well, not exactly (and by "not exactly" I mean not at all). I keep waiting for it to get better on it's own, but somehow, I think it's getting worse. This morning, trying to get ready for work was impossible as the stupid effin eye wouldn't even open. I'm at work w/my hair pulled up, no makeup on (the REAL reason I'm upset) and lookin like a mess. Plus, I just discovered there is something all over my shirt (toothpaste? deodorant? You decide.). The feeling is very hard to explain-I can only say that it sorta feels like someone is stabbing me in the eyeball. Sounds pleasant, doesn't it? Eyedrops help temporarily, but the pain and watering come back. I've come up with two conclusions-I may have a blocked tear duct (just like my baby niece!) or it's allergies. If it's allergies, let me just say that I'd rather be sneezing my head off, at least I'd be able to see. I must say, driving and typing while only being able to see out of one eye has been....um, interesting. I think I may need one of those handicapped stickers for my car. As for my ability to do my job, since I type all day long, well, you think United Healthcare would spring for a personal assistant for me? No?

I am excited because I finally got my gym access approved at work. I was afraid to ask for it since the last time we were in this building the procedure for gaining gym access involved a full assessment, where the gym lady weighed you and measured you. No thank you. I know my ass is fat-I have a mirror. I don't need some 90 pound gym lady to tell me that. Well, said gym lady emailed me yesterday and assured me no such evaluation was required and that I am free to use the gym whenever. Sweet. I'm going tonight after work. Hmmmm, running on the treadmill with only one eye should be interesting....I hope I don't fall off.

7 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, I hope that your eye is feeling better. It does sound like a blocked tear duct to me. I hope whatever it is that is clears up quickly.

ern said...

will you please call your doctor for christ's sake? when i saw you yesterday, i thought you needed to call him.

KD said...

The good news is, for the last hour or so, it has felt MUCH better. It's even open all the way! Ern, you can walk over and witness it for yourself. I think I'm on the mend folks....although Ern, Dr. Chida just suggested that it was psychosomatic and suggested psych testing.....Uhm....

ern said...

oh, well, chida might have a point there. ;)

KD said...

Chida also yelled "Good heavens" in the break room..... :)

Jen Estes said...

Aw, poor KD! I don't know why you're fighting the eye patch, it's only a matter of time............

KD said...

It looks like I've dodged the need for an eye patch yet again. The eye is a million times better. But, given this is the 2nd time this has happened in like a month, I have agreed to call my doctor if it happens again. :)