Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years Eve!

I'm an hour and a half in to my 14.5 hour work day and I'm already exhausted. That can't be a good sign.........

Happy New Years Eve y'all! How is everyone on this last day of 2009? Thus far, I am trying to figure out just how much caffeine I'm gonna need to get through this horrendous day. I'm thinking it's gonna be lots. Yes, I am working 7:30am to 10:30pm today, yay me. WHY do I do this to myself? Oh yea, because I need money. I hope y'all have way more fun plans than I do, if you are going out, please be safe and watch out for the drunks. Or, if you are one of the drunks please don't drive. This is the end of my public service announcement.

I would just like to give a shout out to Central Auto Body in Maplewood. They are SO nice. You may recall when I hit that dog back in the fall, I took my car there on my insurance company's recommendation for repair. You may also recall that my grandpa's neighbor backed into my car on Christmas Eve causing $1,600 worth of damage. Well, I opted to go back to Central since the first experience was a good one and they were so helpful today, even arranging my rental car for me. Now, unfortunately, I can't take my car in until January 11, so I'm gonna have to drive in the ghettomobile for a couple of weeks, but still, it will be fixed soon. Dan at Central Auto Body laughed at me when I asked if there was some sort of limit to the number of bumpers one can have in any given year (if you're counting, this new one will be bumper #3). I surely hope I don't need their services again, but if I do, that's where I'll be taking my car.

I'd like to warn everyone that has to encounter me today that I am drinking...wait for it...wait for it.....REGULAR COKE. I know, I know, livin life on the edge. Regular coke typically makes me crazy hyper, it's not working so far, but perhaps it'll kick in soon...........

2 comments:

Blue said...

HEY KD! Happy New Years, well when it comes around....lol.
No big plans here, staying in and having some food and maybe a sip of some sort of booze. Not too sure how my body can handle it, so I'm not taking any chances.
Good to know that your bumper woes are going well. Did Central Auto Body give you one of those little cards that get stamped like at a sandwich shop? Get ten stamps then get one bumper free?
Did you see that DeRo is now a SF Giant?

KD said...

Blue, I have mixed feelings about DeRo being a Giant. I mean, sure, I didn't like him being a Cardinal, but at least I got to go to Busch Stadium several times to ogle him. What am I gonna do now??? Cali is a bit of a commute.... ;)

Happy New Year to you as well!!!