Monday, December 07, 2009

I love Hwy 40!!!!

Hwy 40 is now open-YAY! You have no idea how excited I was this morning. It was like Christmas came early. For real. Granted, I only have to take the highway for three exits, but let me tell you, the highway re-opening has shaved off 10 minutes of my commute. Now, 10 minutes may not sound like a lot, but when you have to be at work as early as I do, every minute counts. Ten more minutes I could be sleeping? Count me in.

In sad news, I did not make it to the 5k yesterday. I'll tell you why in two words-food poisoning. Suffice it to say, I'd much rather have been running outside freezing my ass off than what I was actually doing. And I'll leave it at that.

A new week is upon us-lots of stuff going on this week, including my company's annual holiday party. These parties are always anticlimactic. I mean, there's free food and each employee gets two drink tickets (United Healthcare, you are SO kind!), but that's about all that's going on. Sure, there are door prizes, but I have yet to win in my 3+ years at this company, so I'm a little bitter. That, and it's always held at Dave and Busters. I'd rather beat my own hand with a hammer than go to Dave and Busters. It's a combo of many of the things I hate most in this world-noise, flashing lights, and people. No thank you. I stay away from the gaming area for fear of having a seizure (and/or punching someone who gets too close). Yea, so basically I'm going for the free food and booze.

I am proud to say that I am nearly done with my Christmas shopping. Why is this impressive, you may ask? Well, it's impressive because I'm a known procrastinator. Typically, my holiday shopping begins somewhere in the 3-5 days before Christmas range. I work best under pressure people. Not this year, though. I have my dad and brother-in-law left and then I am done. Can I get a "HOLLA" up in here? Now, the wrapping portion of the evening may not happen until 3-5 days before Christmas, but whatever. Hey, I'm not a machine folks. Geez.

8 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, good to hear that your communte is shorter now, ten minutes is a huge difference, especially when it comes to sleep.
So no 5k huh? Did you go to Long John's again?
I've never been to a Dave and Busters, we don't have one nearby we have John's Incredible Pizza, I think it is similar.
http://www.johnspizza.com/
Aren't company Christmas parties fun?....lol
The last one I went to when I was working was not too bad, but the really cheezy thing about it was that when they gave out awards and hardly anyone clapped for that person, the DJ had a "clap track" to cover for it. I thought it was embarassing...lol.
When I was in the military we had some great holiday partys, lots of drink, great food, big prizes, those were alot of fun, lots of stories to talk about after those.
Good on you on the Christmas shopping. Did you get your niece anything with Cubs on it?

Jen Estes said...

Hmm, I'm with Blue KD - this food poisoning bout screams of another LJS visit.

Dave and Busters: I see your agoraphobia and I raise you germaphobia. I picture all those games and their sticky joysticks & greasy buttons and automatically think the winner gets the swine flu.

Blue said...

lmao....sticky joysticks and greasy buttons....that just sounds so wrong Jen.

KD said...

No LJS this time but the culprit may have been Taco Bell. The lesson here? Maybe KD shouldn't eat fast food. :(

OMG, Jen, now not only will I be agoraphobic and D&B but will also have fears of germs. Great. Better double up on those drink tickets. :)

Blue said...

KD....Taco Hell?....there is always a risk when you eat there, I hope that you are feeling better today.

KD said...

Feeling better enough to come to work... :)

Although one of my team members that works out of Denver is in the office this week and I'm responsible for taking him to dinner tonight. Shall I take him somewhere nicer than Taco Bell? HA! I DO have my bosses corporate credit card...SWEET! :)

Blue said...

lmao...nothing good ever comes from having a corporate credit card.
I remember when the Dept of Defense thought it was a good idea to give us all gov't credit cards for travel....yeah, that went well, especially for those guys that had never been to Vegas before and used them for "other services"...lol

KD said...

and THAT, my friends, is why this country is in debt. Spending US dollars on gambling and hookers. ;)