Thursday, December 17, 2009

KD strikes.....yet again

I almost forgot to report on my latest mishap. Many of you will not be surprised by my actions as, sadly, these events tend to happen quite frequently. I swear it's not on purpose, I'm just
horribly absent-minded and terribly klutzy, and the older I get, the worse it becomes.

So, last night was laundry night. I'd put it off long enough, so, when I got home at like 6pm, I headed on downstairs with my giant laundry basket in hand....wait for it....wait for it.....wait for it...and, as I neared the end of the first set of stairs, I apparently missed the last step, fell down to the landing (landed on my back) and sent the laundry basket flying (because it's really fun to pick up your underwear in the middle of a public stairwell). It might have been a little dark in the stairwell (and by "might" I mean it was), and as I laid there for a moment, I took a quick inventory of any injuries I may have incurred, luckily, other than a bit of a bruise on my lower back today, I'm fine. No one should be surprised by this latest incident.

What concerns me is that I'm not embarrassed by any of my actions and, in fact, post them on the world wide web for everyone to see. But you know, if I can help just one klutzy person feel better about themselves, then I've done my job.

'Tis the season, people.

2 comments:

Blue said...

Hmmmm, first your Gramps, now you......I see a trend here.

KD said...

Yes, it's true, I come by my klutziness honestly...I'm afraid it's genetic.....