Friday, December 18, 2009

Last Christmas I gave you my heart....wise words from the amazing 80's group WHAM.

For the first time in a long time, I am actually looking forward to Christmas. Not that I hate Christmas or anything, but inevitably every year I get the blues, depressed if you will, this time of year. I'm not exactly sure why, I mean, I have an amazing family, amazing friends, a good job, my health, but for some reason, this time of year gets me down. I've been known to sit at home alone on Christmas night and cry. True story. This year, however, I have reason to be excited about Christmas, and that reason would be my precious niece. Yes, I may be a bit obsessed with her, but that little kiddo kinda changes my perspective on a lot of things. Her mere existence makes me happy. I can't wait to be a part of her first Christmas.

Speaking of, pray that my sister, Jon and the baby (and my four legged niece, Chloe), make it safely to St. Louis tomorrow. They are driving from Dallas, and have been quite sleep deprived this week. That's a long trip to be making on no sleep, with a dog and a baby. I can't wait to see them-ALL of them. :)

Update on my inflatable lawn decoration hatred. There is this house near me that is obnoxious with every holiday, at least 4-5 inflatables in their tiny little yard. For Christmas, however, they've gone above and beyond obnoxious. They have a frickin blow up Santa that is AS TALL AS THE HOUSE. Not kidding. That damn thing is about the scariest thing I've ever seen. I mean, who needs a 20 feet high Santa? For reals? As if that isn't horrifying enough, the other day I was driving on the other side of that same street and one of the houses there has an equally as tall giant inflatable snowman in their yard. WTF? It's not bad enough that you have 5 inflatables in your yard? You now have to super size them? I'm fairly certain this is a sign of the End Times. And don't even get me started again on that house near me that has ALL BLUE lights covering their yard. Just the thought of it is causing me to go blind in one eye.......

5 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD. There are a few inflatables around where I live as well, but I've yet to see any giant Santas. Hey maybe next Christmas someone will have a Santa hot air balloon floating over their house....lol....that my friend is taking it to the extreme....lol
Hmmmm, I wonder if someone makes a Cubs inflatable yard ornament thingy, something that would irk the Cards fans.
You will have a wonderful Christmas with your family and with Chloe, make sure to take lots of pics. Hey did I mention that I saw a Funnel cake home kit? I think it was a Target....lol

KD said...

Aw man, could you imagine being able to make funnel cakes at home? I'd never leave the house!

Blue said...

Hey KD, you know what would be cool to get Kendall, a Christmas ornament, something unique that she can have always as a remembrance of her first Christmas.

Elizabeth said...

i agree with whoever blue is, get her a special ornament every year. then when she starts her own family she will have a whole set of them that are very special. btw we have only blue lights on our house(ed's idea).

KD said...

Lizzard-all blue lights are fine, but this particular house has them covering the ENTIRE front of their house and the ENTIRE yard-as if it's replaced the grass. It is truly a sight to behold.

As for the ornament idea, it's a great one, my mom is already on it. :)