Thursday, December 17, 2009

Skunks and The St. Louis Cardinals

Um, ok, so I'm used to various smells around my office building, you know, because we work next to a landfill and all, but I was NOT prepared for the skunk smell that hit my nostrils on this fine December morning. Yuck.

Ok, I've held my tongue long enough. I now must provide my two cents regarding this David Freese DUI thing. Seems to be a pattern within the Cardinals organization, doesn't it? I mean, there was that Spezio guy who was just a hot mess, and who could forget the "beloved" manager, TLR himself getting pulled over and getting a DUI, and of course, sadly, a Cardinals player died after drinking and driving, Josh Hancock. So, now, it happens to David Freese, the supposed future of the Cardinals at 3B. Did you know this is NOT an isolated incident? No, seems young Mr. Freese has a prior alcohol related offense. Not good, not good at all. Now, he is reportedly receiving services through the Cardinals EAP, sure hope that rehabs him. If he really does have a drinking problem, I sure hope he gets it together. I mean, I'm not a Cardinals fan by any means, but I hate to see a talented player just ruin everything with drugs and/or alcohol. Hopefully he can be like Josh Hamilton, get it together, and make a come back. So, so sad. I mean, all the Cubs have is a fat, pot smoking catcher. We win.

Who's ready for Christmas? I'm excited to see my family. This year is the first time in a LONG time that every single relative on my mom's side will be here in St. Louis for Christmas (including my sis and cousins that live out of state). It's gonna be so much fun. All five of the great-grandkids will be there (plus the two that are in-utero!). Yay! That's our Christmas Eve fun (even though I have to work until 4 on that day-yuck). On Christmas Day, we'll spend some time with the Davidson relatives and then my immediate family and I are going back to my parents house in Salem to celebrate Kendall's first Christmas. I know she won't remember it, given that she's only 8 months old and all, but we will. :)

2 comments:

Blue said...

Skunks are horrible, even when they are dead on a road they smell for days.
I don't know what is up with the Cards and the drinking issues they have on that club. I mock them for it, but in all reality, that is a big problem and it does not matter what uniform or what team a guy plays for, they need to get it together before it's too late.
Remember Darryl Strawberry? He could have been one of the greatest players EVER! But he could not keep clear of drugs and in the end he sacrificed his career for a few moments of being high.
As for Christmas, it sounds like you will be having a blast. I'm sure that there will be plenty of pictures for Kendall to look at and remember this Christmas.

KD said...

Of course, I'm Kendall's "stalkerazzi". :)