Friday, December 04, 2009

Christmas in, well.....December

Merry Christmas Cubs fans! Aaron Miles is no longer a Cub. You're welcome. Ok, I really didn't have anything to do with it, but for once, Jim Hendry actually made a deal that makes sense. Of course, like a lot of trades, we are also losing a fan favorite-Jake Fox. Everyone who's a Cubs fan knows, however, that Foxy is American League material-he's a phenomenal hitter but there's no position for him. In other words, he'll be a fantastic DH. I wish him the best of luck. I'll remain a Jake Fox fan. The A's are getting one really good guy and the Lucky Charms leprechaun. Score.

The next bit of Cubs news I want to hear is that someone else has custody of Milton Bradley. Come on baseball gods, I've been a good girl this year (ok, semi-good), make my wish come true. Also, while I'm praying to you, baseball gods, could you also ensure that Rick Ankiel does NOT become a Cub and that Rich Harden's ass remains on the Cubs? Thanks. Oh, and I'd prefer to keep Hoffy too. Sure, he's pretty much a waste of bench space, but he's hot, and that's gotta count for something, right?

4 comments:

J.J. said...

I could not agree more!!We need to keep the purty one's!

Blue said...

Hi KD, I hope that your eye is better today.
So we finally got our wish for Miles to go, dang, that took long enough. I hope that Jake does well in Oaktown, maybe I'll see someone wearing his jersey around here after the season starts.

KD said...

@JJ-I mean for reals! Sure, we appreciate baseball as a sport, but gosh darn it,we also watch because it's hot mens in tight pants. :)

@Blue-Awww...a green/yellow Jake Fox jersy. Makes me a little sad he's no longer a Cubbie, but I know being in the AL is best for him.

Let us all pray for the A's right now as they are taking on the elfin-leprechaun known at Aaron Miles. I swear to God, if he bats .300 this season, I'm gonna fly to CA and punch him in his jacked up grill.

Jen Estes said...

Hoffy is untouchable on my list too KD, and yes - mostly because he is soooo touchable.