Sunday, February 01, 2009

Baby shower weekend!

Ah, what a GREAT weekend with family and friends. My sis and Jon were in town for their baby shower(s) and a good time was had by all. I mean what's NOT fun about having men and beer at a baby shower? The men were actually very good sports last night, they were appreciative of the free beer and took the shower games seriously. Such a blast. I'm so glad that both sides of the family were there as well as several of Red and Jon's friends. It was a very LONG day...starting with my wonderful mother calling me at 9:05am on Saturday morning to inform me they were already at 141 and Hwy 44. Panicked as I sat there with my hair still up in a towel, I worked feverishly to get ready. The 'rents came rollin in about 9:25, real close to the 9:30 I'd predicted (they said they'd be there by 10:00 which I knew meant at least 9:30...I know my parents well). After they arrived, we shooed my dad off to take Grandpa to lunch and mom and I headed to baby shower #1 hosted by some of my brother-in-law's mom's friends (where Alyssa and I agreed we could be co-awesomest aunts ever!). I was so excited to see my sister as it was the first time I'd seen her since Christmas...I really wanted to see how big the baby belly had become. My sis is one of the cutest preggo's I've ever seen. All baby, she is just completely adorable. Here are some pics from shower #1:The cutest baby bump ever!

This immediately got the song "Tiny Dancer" in my head while Jon's sister Alyssa began singing "Private Dancer" which made us girls giggle...
check out the loot!
Diaper genie, anyone?
After shower #1, mom and I rushed off to buy balloons for the shower that evening that myself and four of Red's friends were throwing. After we got the balloons (and more table cloths), I dropped mom off at Grandpa's and headed on over to the clubhouse to start getting ready for the party. With some extra help (my sister's friend Robyn and her friend Angie's boyfriend Scott)we were able to get everything decorated, the tables arranged and the food cooked by the time the guests started arriving at 7:00 (and wouldn't you know my parents were the first to arrive...). :) The shower was a great success, with most of both sides of the family present (there were a WHOLE LOTTA Davidson's in one room...). Here are some pics from shower #2:this is the sign we put up at the entrance to the complex so everyone would know they'd come to the right place!gotta have some super girlie pink balloons!we were SO excited about the cupcake tower...
me and my baby sis!The Davidson's in the house! From left: my cousin Dan's wife Amy, cousin Teri Lynn, cousin Ken, cousin Dan, my dad, my uncle Terry, Teri Lynn's husband Steve, my Aunt Linda and my cousin Ken's wife Terri (yes, that's three Terry's in one family...)
my sister and some of her friends...the blonde, Tiffany and the brunette, Kimberly both went to high school with my sister.
part of the Baumgartner side of the family. From left: my cousin Jeff's wife Jessica who is having baby #2 at the end of this month, Aunt Paula eating her cupcake, my mom, Aunt Jan and GRANDPA!
more of my sister's friends, from left: Robyn, Aaron, Andria and Joe
The hostesses! From left: Angie, Kathy, Jenny, me and Andria
Check out Grandpa playing shower games! How cute is he???? He and Aunt Jan worked as a team.....
Amy and Teri Lynn My brother-in-law Jon with his dad and father-in-law. Priceless.
my cousins Ken and Dan taking the poopy diaper game VERY seriously......
Kelli had to make sure she got it right!Yea....that's really gross!Gift time! I just love seeing Jon holding all those girlie baby clothes!
Check out the super cute baby robe!the quilt that Aunt Linda made for Baby Girl Baum
Tearjerker alert! Love the stuffed cowgirl piggie that the Baumgartner's got for the baby.....
and last but not least, the super pink, super girlie princess bear I made for my precious baby niece at Build-A-Bear. The first of many, I'm sure.
By the end of the night I was exhausted, having been on my feet pretty much non-stop since 8am but it was WELL worth it to be able to give such an amazing shower to my sister and brother-in-law. They got some great gifts and we all know that Baby Girl Baum deserves the world, so no gift is too much for her!
Next stop? The birth. With less than 10 weeks now until the due date, we are officially in countdown mode. Texas is gonna get tired of seeing me because I'm gonna be there a lot once my precious baby niece is born. :)

No comments: