Monday, February 09, 2009

Happy Birthday a moi!

Damn you Amy Henson and Mike Tinnin for telling everyone at work how old I am today! I hate you b**ches! Ok...no I don't....but you're both still older. So there.

Happy Birthday to me today! Woo hoo! It's Monday, I'm at work, I'm still dealing with the tail end of a cold....in other words, it's a great day! :)

I don't feel any older (that's a good thing) and I don't look any older (thanks to getting my gray hair covered up on Saturday), but I am definitely older. I suppose the alternative (you know, being dead) is always there, I suppose in that instance I'll choose getting older.

My team surprised me with a food day....breakfast style (my favorite!). I am sitting here working on a sugar high (thanks to all the doughnuts). It was supposed to be a Canadian themed food day apparently (because, you know, I dig Canadians!) but, really, the only thing that's Canadian is the maple syrup. ;) It's the thought that counts, however, and I love my team for it. Never mind that my supervisor tried to kill me with her fresh fruit smoothies (yea, I'm allergic to the strawberries that are in it....Mike keeps checking to see if I'm still breathing....). Fun times, fun times.

So, I'm gonna spend my birthday at work...then I'm gonna go work out...then I'm gonna go home and watch The Bachelor. Sounds like a good time to me!

ALSO.............HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIEND ERIN TODAY. We share a birthday. That makes us awesome.

Let's talk about the Grammy's for a second. Here's my break down:

1. Coldplay-ick. When are they going away? Why are they famous?
2. Why didn't Jason Mraz win? I think he's fabulous. No one cares what I think.
3. I was a bit disappointed by the Paul McCartney/Dave Grohl performance. Now, don't get me wrong, it sounded great, but I was hoping Dave would actually sing with Paul. Oh well.
4. Poor, poor Stevie Wonder. He's amazing, what has happened to his career, playing with the frickin' Jonas Brothers?
5. Katy Perry cannot sing live. Yikes.
6. What makes Coldplay good again? I'm so confused.
7. Did Chris Brown really beat up Rihanna?
8. I actually sorta enjoyed Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus. I can't believe I actually admitted that on the world wide web.
9. Jennifer Hudson looked beautiful, she sounded amazing and she made me cry.
10. YAY! Blink 182 is back together!
11. Kanye West was fairly toned down for him last night. But what the F is up with that mullet?
12. Am I the only one that is totally over Justin Timberlake?

4 comments:

kristy said...

You know who else can't sing live? Miley freaking Cyrus. I don't think she can sing in general and you could soooo see how much more talented taylor swift was. What was up with Neil Diamond? I still like JT. My favorite performance was the 4-tops medley...there's only 1 of the 4 left alive? that is sad!

Anonymous said...

A "Canadian" breakfast without Canadian Bacon??? Or at least regular Bacon???

KD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KD said...

I know cutie pie! And where were the Tim Horton's? You can ship doughnuts internationally, can't you?