Thursday, February 05, 2009

Who can I blame?

The fact that I've been on a near manic high all week should have been my first clue. I mean, I'm just not that nice normally. But, all week, I've been in a GREAT mood, I've been super energetic, silly and productive-all those things you are when you are on a manic high (minus the sexual promiscuity and spending sprees). But for me, this "mania" could only mean one thing......that I was about to get sick. And dammit if it wasn't true. I tossed and turned all night last night (I figured it was just my punishment for sleeping well the last few nights) and woke up today totally congested, my ears hurt, I feel achy and blah. I'm hoping now that I'm upright and at work that things will drain and I'll feel fine-don't count on it. Seems some nasty bug has been sweeping through my office the last couple of weeks and I'll be damned if I'm not it's next victim (it kept my boss out of work for over a week!). Perfect timing too, isn't it? I mean, not that I'm excited about turning 33, but it IS my birthday weekend and my friends are going to dinner with me Saturday night. I also have plans tomorrow night. Damn. Perhaps my original wish of me sitting at home by myself in my jammies on my birthday will come true after all. Actually, my boss told me I had to come in on Monday because they were having a food day for me...in her next breath she said that if I was not there they'd go ahead and eat without me. I love my team.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why aren't you at home sleeping?

KD said...

why aren't you? Or are you?

KD said...

DT, can I blame you? Did you send your sicky germs all the way from Canada?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if that's possible???

KD said...

Oh, it's possible alright. Or maybe I'm just paranoid...although I DID nearly get run over by a Labatt Blue truck this morning. Coincidence?

Anonymous said...

You caught me . . . I sent the Labatt Blue truck

KD said...

I KNEW IT! :) You silly Canadians....

Anonymous said...

Actually, I had sent a Molson's truck . . . weird

KD said...

I DO like Molson's....although I'm pretty sure I don't want it running me over.....