Monday, February 02, 2009

It's Boss time!

Ok, enough with the Bruce Springsteen already. I heard no less than FIVE Bruce songs this morning on the way to work, including a recreation of the montage of songs he sang at the Super Bowl last night (thanks for THAT 106.5 the Arch....that's a big chunk of my morning I'll never get back).

I have to be honest, I've never been much of a Springsteen fan. Does that make me un-American? Maybe. Do I care? Not so much. I mean, I didn't even like "Born In the USA". So, I was surprised by the excitement surrounding the fact that he was doing the Super Bowl (I mean come on, it's not like it's Madonna, or Lynard Skynard or Neil Diamond or something....). I decided to watch because I felt like I was being super un-cool if I didn't watch The Boss. My first thought was, he kinda has a nice ass, until I reminded myself that he's like 1,000 years old and that my thoughts were pretty sick in nature. I then thought, please stop sliding around because you're gonna have a heart attack and, quite honestly, I did not want to witness that on national television (nice crotch shot by the way). About halfway through the montage, I'd have enough. I hadn't even heard of most of the songs anyway, so, sadly, I had to dump The Boss in favor of the stellar "reality" shows on VH1. Come on, are you surprised? This is the girl that saw New Kids On The Block recently. I'm pretty sure my opinion on what's cool doesn't even count.

And let me give you my perspective on the Super Bowl. First of all, I barely watched it, not gonna lie. I mean, blah. Second of all, I only saw one commercial that made me laugh, and that would be the talking babies on the ETrade commercial. Other than that, my attention was not kept (although I was digging Brenda Warner's new flowing blond locks, thanks to my friend Judy for pointing it out...what happened to the ultra-short, salt and pepper, I'm a Marine and I could kick your ass Brenda?). Once I witnessed Kurt Warner throw an interception at the goal line and the dude ran it back 101 yards for the TD, I knew Kurt's dreams of winning a third Super Bowl were over. As were my dreams of watching the rest of the game. I still stand by my decision to cheer for Arizona based simply on the fact that Kurt Warner seems like a nice guy. That, and I'm scared of his wife.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It shouldn't really surprise me but . . .

So a WHOLE concert of NKOTB is ok, but 3 songs from the Boss is too much to handle??? You're right . . . you're better off listening to boy bands than an icon of (American) rock and roll.

KD said...

That's why I went ahead and made that point because I knew if I didn't then you would. ;)

Anonymous said...

Admittedly I wasn't over excited about the new album nod, but I don't get how you could not have been excited to see him bust out Born to Run and Glory Days.

KD said...

Glory Days is ok...Born to Run? Wouldn't know it if you played it for me right now......

Anonymous said...

[shakes head repeatedly]

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=8rGFfO5fUvE

KD said...

it wouldn't be a good day unless you shook your head at me at least once (are you rolling your eyes too?)
I'll have to check out the video link when I get home as YouTube is one of the forbidden websites here at work....