Sunday, July 09, 2006

Who needs sleep anyway?

I mean, seriously. Sleep is overrated (I say this as I am downing Diet Coke and sugar like it's going out of style). It is perfectly normal to get to bed at 6am and be at work by 1pm. Right? I'm not at all bitter that while I'm slaving away at work, a certain someone is sleeping peacefully at home....not at all bitter. At least his thumb hurts..... :)

Had a good weekend. Actually got to hang out with J all weekend which was pretty cool. No work, no kids, no nothing but hangin' with my boy. SOMEONE, I won't say who, decided that getting drunk Friday night would be a good time. Oh, it was a good time, alright. "Someone" was freakin' hilarious and obviously having a good time. "Someone" was cracking me up. We saw Uncle Jimmy's band, Ivory Tiger, play. It was good to see him again, it's been a little while. We started to talk about vacation, but J and I had to stop that-we are already having separation anxiety and I haven't even left yet! I'm gonna miss that boy so much! Anyway, I took care of drunkboy, made sure he made it to bed safely. We proceeded to sleep most of Saturday away, went grocery shopping (ramen noodles and peanut butter, right baby?), then headed back out to Eddie's for a less intoxicated evening. It was a good night just chillin, had fun hanging out after the bar closed. Still managed to not get to bed before 6am, but whatever, it's cool. I'm not complaining. I'm at work now, gonna be busy, can't wait till 9 so I can leave and go see my baby!

8 comments:

KD said...

Hmmmm...don't know if the city grass will kill them or not...only one way to find out! :) Did they eat those brussel sprouts yet? Glad you got to sleep til 3:20 babe-yes, I know I get to go to sleep after you leave for work, but still wake up every morning w/you when that f'ing alarm goes off! :) Love ya!

KD said...

hmmm...now thats an idea, thanks babe!

KD said...

not being a smart ass...was really thinkin I'll go get some ear plugs.... :)

Anonymous said...

ohh ok just use to you being a smart ass

KD said...

i know, i can't help being a smart ass. i come from a long line of smart asses. they would be disappointed in me if i wasn't...you know how it is babe!

Anonymous said...

yeah i meet your people thats why i fit right in lol

KD said...

it's true! thats why we get along so well too! :)

Anonymous said...

lol we do