Saturday, July 15, 2006

Nice day for a 5K

What a turnout for the L6! Wow, there were well over 1,000 people-not bad for a first ever event. It did happen to fall on the hottest day of the year thus far, but no biggie. My sister is the runner in the family-she finished a very respectable 4th in her age group. I, on the otherhand, walked. My walking partners were my brother-in-law Jon and his other wife, Robert (right Red???). I also walked with my friend Val and my friend Krista's husband, Scott (who is Laura's brother). Not to mention Miss Hannah Grace who was very graciously going to let me ride in her jogging stroller. I figured it probably wasn't very cool to con a 2 year old out of her stroller, so I let her keep riding....I also ran into my friend Sean (as in Channel 5 Sean) who I hadn't seen in a million years. As predicted, it was a very emotional day, especially when Laura's husband Jeff got on the stage to thank everyone. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a dry eye in the place. I just hope that the money raised today will in some way help out. Jeff also announced that they are forming a foundation in Laura's name to help others with traumatic brain injuries. Very cool.

Well, now that I'm home, I'm quite sleepy. Getting up at 6:30 on a Saturday will do that to you. J is in GC visiting his baby girl, so I think a nap is in order for me. Nighty night y'all!

No comments: