Thursday, July 13, 2006

stress, stress and more stress

Yea...I'm near my breaking point. Stress level is definitely high right now. It's not just me though, which, in some weird way, makes me feel a little bit better. It seems to be just about everyone around me (which makes me a little paranoid-is it me causing the stress? I sure hope not...). Work is crazy right now. I am trying to keep my head on straight when I'm there, but it is getting hard. One of my fellow supervisors even said to me last night that she was about to burst into tears. Yea, we're all feeling it. I worked late-AGAIN, for the 2nd night this week. As soon as I got in my car I started crying and did so the whole way home (I also cried myself to sleep). I guess that helps me relieve some of the stress. I was having sharp, shooting pains in my side too, but, oddly enough, they went away when I got home....hmmmm....I am trying to keep things in perspective, it's just really hard right now. I took Benadryl so I could finally sleep last night. Well, one didn't work, so around 2:30am I took another one. I still had a pretty restless sleep and totally did not want to get up today. I only have 8 more working hours until my weekend starts. I'm counting down now...

What I do know is this-J, I love you. Thank you for last night. As my Grandma B always used to say "this too shall pass". I gotta believe that right now...and hope that I'll be back to "normal" Kerri really, really soon.....

What I need to remember is that I have a great family, great co-workers who are feeling my pain, great friends and one great boyfriend. I'll try to keep this in mind next time I have the thought of hurling myself off the 2nd floor balcony at work...(and NO people, I'm not really gonna do it, so don't go calling the crisis line or anything!).

No comments: