Friday, July 14, 2006

The L6 race is tomorrow....

Tomorrow will be a very emotional day. It is the day that we will all remember what happened a year ago to the day. My friend Krista's sister-in-law, Laura, was in a horrible car accident while driving to work. Laura remains in a coma to this day. Tomorrow there is a 5K race taking place in honor of Laura. As you can imagine, her medical bills are astronomical, not to mention the emotional strain it has put on her family and friends.
What I hope to take from this is to remember all the people that I love and to be thankful that I have them all in my life. Because you never know what is going to happen in life. Something like this makes you remember to not take things for granted. So, tomorrow, I will give my money for a good cause and hope and pray that someday Laura will wake up from her coma.
Take care of yourselves, and each other! Love-KD

No comments: