Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Mixed emotions

Well, I thought the day would never come, but I am officially resigning from my job. I've been there nearly six years and honestly thought I'd never go. Sometimes, however, you just know when it's time. And now is my time. My new job will certainly be a change-I'm entering the world of managed care.....gone are the days of working nights, weekends and holidays. I'll be working normal people hours, no weekends, no holidays-I won't even know what to do with myself. Leaving work when the sun is still up? That's crazy talk! I am really going to miss a lot of the people I work with-some have been there longer than I have. You certainly get to know people when you work with them day in and day out for six years. I broke the news to my team on Sunday and several said I was going to make them cry...I'm not trying to make anyone cry! Tonight, two of the girls on my team informed me that they are plotting to beat me up for leaving...I'm pretty sure when you're plotting against someone, you shouldn't give them the heads up.....

2 comments:

Cheryl Verde said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl Verde said...

(Ooops....ypo removed)

Hurrah! It's about time you moved on! There really ARE better and more rewarding jobs out there. Congrats and don't look back! Good luck Kerri and enjoy the next new chapter.
Love, Auntie C