Wednesday, February 24, 2010

YEE HAW!

I'm headin' to Texas today, y'all! Where it's currently....snowing. Uhm....what? Something about that just ain't right.

Anyhoo....leaving tonight to go visit my sis, bro-in-law and niece down in Dallas! Yes, I said leaving tonight. Seems my dad (yes, I'll be travelling with my parents) thinks it's a good idea to just drive through the night. I'm game-especially since he will be doing all the driving (dad won't let anyone else do it). So, we're leaving Missouri early evening and will arrive on my sister's doorstep roughly around the time she and the baby are getting up. The plan, I think, is then for pops to get a couple hours sleep and my mom and I will take care of the kiddo. You know, provided we get some sleep in the car on the way there. We'll see how that goes. The last time we embarked on this road trip, things got silly. Dad was completely cracked out on coffee, I was in the back giggling at all the crazy stuff he was saying and mom kept telling me to stop encouraging him because he's really not that funny (I beg to differ, I think my dad is hilarious). We found a Beatles marathon on one of the satellite radio stations and the three of us had a blast singing along. And don't get me started on the lack of public restrooms after 10pm in Oklahoma. We eventually wound down, and I think I slept for a minute last time. This time? I think I'll pop a couple Benadryl and see what happens.....

Can't wait to see my sweet little niece! It's been since Christmas so clearly I need my Kendall fix. She's only six weeks away from her first birthday-can you even believe that??? Crazy.

Wish me luck on the Great Road Trip of 2010. :)

3 comments:

Blue said...

Hey, that sounds like a great road trip. At least it won't be blazing hot like it can get there in the summer. Please, please have a Whataburger hamburge for me....lol...we don't have them out here.

Blue said...

By the way, did the hot water heater get replaced?

Anonymous said...

You know what would be fun? Take a right turn and go to AZ to see our boys:)