Friday, February 05, 2010

Harry Caray's ex-wife is mad at me

Yikes. As you all know, I work with Harry Caray's daughter Michelle. Michelle informed me today that her 85 year old mother is mad at me. This can't be good. So, yesterday, Michelle and I were in an in-depth discussion about The Bachelor (yes, we were working hard) and about who he picks. I let Michelle know that the winner has been leaked (go to realitysteve.com for details) and that she wouldn't be happy with the result. She knew immediately which of the skank bachelorettes I was referring to. Well, seems she went home and told her mom who the winner was (are they really a "winner"?) and the former Mrs. Caray said "you tell her (meaning me) that I am mad at her and I hope that it is not true". She also indicated she would never watch The Bachelor again if what I said was true. It should be noted that the former Mrs. Caray also writes angry emails to Rush Limbaugh, so I'm kinda scared. I sure hope I don't hear any American Idol leaks.......

17 comments:

Jen Estes said...

1. Love this story.
2. Love Harry Caray, et al.
3. Love everybody who writes angry letters to Rush Limbaugh.

(I also love spoilers...but I don't want to fuel the fire.)

KD said...

Isn't that funny? I feel like maybe I should issue this adorable old lady an apology (she really is cute).

Jen Estes said...

Surely Hallmark has a card for this?

KD said...

One would think.....how does one say "I'm sorry I upset the ex-wife of a beloved but deceased Cubs announcer".......

kristy said...

OMg, I read reality steve too and have been angry for weeks. Why do I watch this show each season? it only pisses me off, and I declare that I'm never watching again.

KD said...

LOL sis! I know, the "winner" appears to be a psycho nutbag. And she's cross eyed.

Blue said...

lmao...too funny, so let me guess did he pick that Vienna chick?
You better be careful with Mrs. Caray, I bet she has some "underground" connections....lol

KD said...

You are correct sir! Believe you me, I am treading lightly around Mrs. Caray...she may be 85 years old, but from what I hear, she's pretty feisty. Rush Limbaugh and I better watch out!

Jen Estes said...

LOL. For the record, I adore old people.

KD said...

me too! me too! old people rock! please don't hurt me.....

Blue said...

Old people own the roads...lol

Blue said...

Theres nothing like driving down one of the back country roads out here and seeing a line of cars behind an old couple traffic as they cruise to the WalMart....lmao

Jen Estes said...

Once, me & Mr. Jen were driving on the Interstate and all the traffic started slowing down - all because of this one car going 45 mph, the absolute slowest speed legally allowed. Cars are weaving around it, Mr. Jen is swearing up a storm...we finally get up to the Oldsmobile and I look over. It's my grandma! I've since tried to encourage her to use the highway instead.

Meanwhile, when it comes to backing out of her driveway on a very, very busy street, she slams on the gas and gives it hell.

Blue said...

Jen, that is the best story.....lmao. I would have loved to have seen the look on your face when you looked over and saw your Grams in her Olds....lol.

KD said...

Jen that is the greatest story EVER!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Um okay in order here:
#1 I did not know that you worked with Harry's daughter
#2 I'm kinda afraid for your safety - I gotta think that anyone who put up with Harry like that....well she's gotta have some balls (like Ted Lilly sized ones)
#3 Jen, your grandma should really hope that she isn't ever making Harry's wife wait on the freeway cuz, well, uh, refer to #2

Now off to see if Xavier Nady is hot.....I'm making my way through all your blogs!

KD said...

Hi, IHDR! Yes, Harry's daughter Michele works w/me-it's a bit creepy b/c she looks JUST LIKE HIM. She's super awesome though, I love her to death.

Um, and Jen's story about her grandma is STILL making me giggle!!!