Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Helpdesk my a$$!!!!!

I want to apologize in advance for any of you IT people out there that actually know what you're doing. Unfortunately, the people that work in IT for my company are not among them.

My day today was already starting out not good because I am having some sort of biometrics screen at 8:45 this morning....meaning I had to fast for the last eight hours. Luckily, I was sleeping for most of those hours but I also have not been able to have any caffeine this morning which might have caused me to not have much tolerance with the idiot helpdesk guy. Either that, or he was just an idiot. It's a toss up, really.

So, here I am, caffeine-less and foodless and I get to work to discover that, somehow, I've been locked out of my voicemail. Fun! My job is based solely on getting clinical information left in my voicemail, so really, it's about as crucial to my job as, say, electricity. So, I called the helpdesk (or as we like to call it, the "helpless desk") and requested my password be reset. Well, unfortunately for me, I got some dude that barely spoke English, we'll call him Abdul. Abdul is a moron. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt......until he informed me my password would be reset within the next FIVE BUSINESS DAYS. Folks, not gonna lie, this is when I lost my shit (this was also after he told me my new password would be left in my voicemail. Convenient, sure, but guess what dumbass? I CAN'T GET INTO MY VOICEMAIL). I calmly, yet forcefully explained that five business days was not an option, that I needed to be in my voicemail this morning and did I need to speak to his supervisor about this? (true story, my co-workers were giggling at me). Abdul (probably shaking in his pants by then-I'm quite a bitch when I want/need to be), put me on hold and, lo and behold, two minutes later my password was reset. Now, Abdul, was that so hard? Ugh, they are about as useful as our online/over-the-phone Human Resources Department (yes, it's true, we don't have an actual HR person. I think you have to give up your firstborn child to be able to actually speak to a live person).

MAN, I am CRAAAAAANKY without caffeine? Fifteen minutes until my biometrics screen (fasting blood sugar, BP, cholesterol and some other crap). Sure hope my BP isn't sky high from the stress of this morning......report to follow.

5 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, sorry you had to deal with that mess first thing, but it was amusing........well at least to me it was....lol
Reminds me of when I had to deal with military helpdesk for our computers, they were based in Texas, but still took like 2-3 hours of hold time before you actually got someone to help you. Frustrating when you (me) can't release flight equipment for use when I can't get into my computer to release it..grrrrrr
Hope the rest of your day is better.

KD said...

Oh Blue....after my encounter w/the helpdesk, I had to go downstairs to have my BP and cholesterol measured....my BP was ever so slightly elevated and I blame Abdul. :)

Blue said...

Well hopefully some food and something to drink will help you out in bringing it down again.
By the way, did you see that Aaron Miles got traded from the A's to the Reds.

J.J. said...

WOW, you are NOT having a good week KD. We also have an unhelpful desk, so I know your pain. I hope your day gets better!

KD said...

Oh JJ...It's really just another day in the life of KD. :)