Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Well....at least it's never boring!

I know, I know, I know. I shouldn't complain, I should be glad I have a job, blah, blah, blah. But come on people!

So, it was announced this morning that my site was gaining new business to the tune of 600,000+ lives (insurance lingo). Seems some business is shifting from one site to another....the bulk coming to the St. Louis site because, well, we're awesome. It's true-we are the best performing site in the entire company. So, why am I unhappy? Well....I'm unhappy because in order to make things "even" between sites, my beloved Tennessee contract will now be managed by our Atlanta site effective 4/1/10. I'm frustrated because, it has taken me a year and a half to get this contract shaped and under budget (2009 was the first time EVER that this contract came in under budget....and that is thanks to me, my boss and our Medical Director, Dr. Jones). We worked our butts off to clean up the mess the Atlanta office had created, and now they get it back. Kinda feels like a slap in the face, ya know? Not only that, but some of the hospital staff in TN I speak to EVERY SINGLE DAY. Although we've never met, you build a rapport with people when you talk every day, and I really like the folks I've worked with in TN. I mean, I had one staffperson in Memphis call me the other day solely because he hadn't talked with me in months and he missed talking to me. We're now gonna be managing Wisconsin and....Illinois. I did let my clinical director know that, thanks to my part-time job, I do speak a little Cheesehead, so the WI contract may be a natural fit for me....we shall see what happens. I don't like change. Oh man, my Vanderbilt girls are gonna be devastated when I tell them.....BOO HISS!

But again, job security, right? The good news in all of this is......we're gonna be hiring! YAY! Having been annoyingly understaffed since last September when my precious Mikey Poo left, maybe now we will finally have enough staff so that the rest of us aren't stressed out every day. Silver lining......

No comments: