Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pitchers and catchers report today!!!!

Woo hoo! It's a sign that baseball is right around the corner, my friends! Pitchers and catchers are reporting to their respective Spring Training's today! Yay, yay, yay!. While I'm sad that I will not be going to Spring Training this year, I am way excited that it won't be too much longer until America's past time is upon us again. Of course, the Cubs Carlos Zambrano has been in Arizona for a couple of weeks. Me thinks someone is embarrassed about his crappy 2009 season. Go get 'em Big Z! And, apparently, he's not so "big" anymore. Neither is everyone's favorite pot smoking catcher, Geovany Soto. Dude lost like 40 pounds and doesn't even look like the same person. Guess that's what happens when you no longer have the munchies.....

In other exciting news, one week from today I will be on my way to Texas! Yes, a short trip to see my sis, brother-in-law and sweet little niece! I'm so excited for that as well! My sis promises me the weather forecast for Dallas next week is in the mid-50's. I hope it stays that way. I'd like to leave this snow hell behind for a few days. Thanks.

Who is watching the Olympics? I'll admit, last night I was mostly preoccupied by American Idol, but I hear the flamboyant men's figure skater, Johnny Weir, got robbed. I mean, seriously, I'm sick of that Russian dude, Pleshenko. He wins ALL the time. Step aside, Ruskie! Oh, and I've now decided that in addition to pairs skating, luging and the biathalon, I will also be training for the snowboarding team in 2014. Yes, every event I watch makes me want to try that sport. Never mind that I trip over my own two feet.....

It's Ash Wednesday....will YOU be at church today? I will tonight. It's the annual Men's Club fish fry at my church, followed by the Ash Wednesday service. Whatcha giving up for Lent? I've opted to give up candy which may be difficult given I've developed a two bag a week Jolly Rancher habit. Had to quit cold turkey. Ouch. So far so good, but I've got 40 days and 40 nights left to go......yikes.

3 comments:

Blue said...

Today could not have gotten here any quicker. I've been watching so much MLB Network, I thought the season was already underway, until they showed a clip of Gregg giving up back to back hr's to lose to the Marlins.
As for the Olympics they are on too late, well at least the good stuff, so I just check on line to see what's up. I'm hoping they will show curling, I like that sport, too bad the nears sporting clubs around here are in LA and SF otherwise I would be in there....lol.
By the way, I was going to ask you about the Bachelor the other night. At the end was that girl Gia sweating really bad or what? I know that she had glitter on her face, but it also looked like she was sweating up a storm when during the rose ceremony.
Speaking of snowboarding, one of the ski places here built a snowboard half pipe thing for this ski season....pretty cool.

Blue said...

Here you go KD...
http://www.boysofspring.com/journal/2010/02/bos-exclusive-first-look-at-cubs.php

KD said...

Oh Blue, The Bachelor is just one hot mess. Yet, I can't stop watching....


Thx for the boys of spring link, I forgot about that site but LOVE seeing pics of our boys!